Top 5 games of '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 games of '09

So Rob and CJ covered their games in the latest show and picked lots of great titles. What say you guys? Here's my list-

1. Uncharted 2- Yeah, this game is damn near perfect. Fantastic single-player action, great story and characters, and a multiplayer mode that doesn't completely suck!

2. Modern Warfare 2- Sure, the single-player is kind of super-ridiculous but the multiplayer is sublime. This is really the only multiplayer game I'll need until the next IW game is released.

3. The Beatles: Rock Band- The PERFECT music game. It starts with a great foot forward because of the music but the visuals and new gameplay tweaks, along with great bonus features elevate it above the band-specific garbage the Guitar Hero franchise has pooped out.

4. Arkham Asylum- Who would have thought a Batman game could be good, let alone great? The combat is easy to learn but difficult to master and the world is a lot of fun to goof around in. It would have been nice to have a "save anywhere" feature, though.

5. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box- The furst game is great and this latest episode of everyone's favorite pedo continues the trend. Great puzzles (although the last garbage pile can fuck right off), a completely bizarre storyline, and another excellent soundtrack create the portable game of the year.

There are plenty of great honorable mentions, too- Peggle, Flower, Poker Smash (I think this was '09), InFamous, Ghostbusters, Punch Out!!, Wii Sports Resort, and I'm sure plenty more that I didn't play or forgot.

I don't play enough games but my list would pretty much be the same as your's, Rob's and Ceej's mashed together...

1. MW2
    2. Peggle
    3. FiFA 10 (it came out in 09)
    4. Street Fighter 4
    5...having trouble thinking of my 5th game...
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

1. Uncharted 2
      2. Tiger Woods
      3. Professor Leighton and the Diabolical Box
      4. Modern Warfare 2
      5. Peggle
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Uncharted 2
        Batman: Arkham Asylum
        Modern Warfare 2
        inFAMOUS
        Borderlands

Mine is console centric, can't think on any PSP games worth mentioning other than maybe Rock Band Unplugged and Gran Turismo Portable.

Dishonorable mention: Resident Evil 5
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

MW2
          Borderlands
          Batmang:AA
          NHL 10, sue me it's fun
          Peggle*

*when drunk.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

5. Batmeng: Phantom of the Park
            4. Rock Band: "Bigger than Jesus" Edition
            3. ASSCREED 2: Batmeng Italiano
            2. Dragon's Age: Origins aka "Get in the tent for some sweet over the clothes dry-humping [insert character name here]"
            1. Bonerlandz

Honorable Mentions: "I Am T-Pain" iPhone app, Shadow Complex, Ultimate Alliance 2 (Now with unlockable Emo-Soldier!), Airport Shoot 'Em Up/Verbal Abuse Simulator (MW2)
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

The seriously was a pretty great year for new IP's.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

'Bout fuckin' time too.

Here's to hoping there's another year or at least one quarter where it happens again.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

My top five for 2009 in no particular order:

Borderlands - First game to bring both FPS and RPG elements together, successfully.

Street Fighter IV - This game brought back true arcade fighting and it's better than fucking ever.

Plants vs. Zombies - Tower Defense with some RPG elements, and fucking addictive, while staying completely simple and attractive to the casual market.

Dragon Age: Origins - While some people didn't like this game on a console, I diregarded the graphics and focused on the gameplay mechanics and dialogue tree, which were fantastic.

Torchlight/Machinarium - For $5, the Diablo clone is fucking fantastic. Even worth the full $20. Machinarium, also was picked up at a lower price point than the full $20, but if you enjoy point and click games, you really can't go wrong, even at full price.

P.S. I would have added FIFA 10 on the list since it came out in '09 but since I just picked it up, it'll be on my 2010 list. Same goes with Uncharted: 2. Unless, it stays unopened.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Play me in some SFIV!
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

FIFA 10 is sitting unopened in my room right now. I promise I'll open it this weekend. Sometime.

Love that Peggle is on people's lists. I've gone back to that game many times. So fucking addictive.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I can't remember what games even came out in 2009. When I saw inFamous on a 2009 list I was shocked. I would have swore it came out 2008 holiday season. And I played way too many games to come up with just 5.

Borderlands, MW2, Batman: AA, Dragon Age, Uncharted 2 those are fairly automatic. I would also add Red Faction Guerilla (which I need to give a lot more attention), Torchlight, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank, and of course Wrath of the Lich King patch 3.3.

Comment

Howard, you really do need to check out FIFA 10. It's fucking hard and complicated, but getting just one goal with your pro is so gratifying.

Rob, no. I don't want to get owned again, especially since I barely remember the moves. Hahaha.
                          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Back in the day, I was a sports game freak. I'm actually a little afraid of the difficulty (considering I'm out of that gameset) but the reviews by friends (and online editors I trust) were too good for me to pass on this game. It'll get opened this weekend (probably Sunday).
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

And you call yourself an AZN.

Comment

Working...
                              X