No announcement yet.

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..er.. uh.. yeeah.. about that, um.. I was kind of hoping to play with someone, y'know.. ELSE

<3
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

I kidd!
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

I'm tempted to pick this up to hold me over until Red Dead. But, I hate stealth.

Is this futile?
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Not at all. The game isn't even about "stealth" aside from one level. It's more about being sneaky and smart. You can move fast, have a great set of moves to take down enemies, and multiple paths in every level. Stealth is part of the game, not the game, and thank god for that.

Comment

This game can be beaten in under 5 hours.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley Dave Matthews Band Nirvana Purdy Hughes II Jr. View Post
              This game can be beaten in under 5 hours.
              Easily.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I hate to rain on Billy's parade, but this game isn't very good. The mechanics are (I want this cover system in all games now) but this isn't a Splinter Cell game. Which alot of people seem to like.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

It's a new and improved Splinter Cell game. You have everything that made SC, the sneaking, the gadgets, etc. but you aren't forced to walk at a snail's pace and avoid all detection. Now if you are detected you have a chance to fight back and not be fucking decimated.

Yes, the campaign is short, but there are the Deniable Ops. There plenty of those, each one running about an hour each. And each map has multiple game types (including an extremely strict original SC style "cannot be detected or you fail" game mode for sadists that like outdated gameplay coughcoughrobcough) and also the co-op mode, and the hunter mode where you and a player hunt each other in the middle of a map filled with AI also hunting you both.

So a short campaign isn't great (took me about 7 hours) but there is plenty more to do. I actually am enjoying Deniable Ops more than the campaign. The game is good, as Rob just said. The engine is superb. It's just a new presentation of SC, and it is one that rocks.

Comment

The problem is that the gadgets are mostly pointless. And they take away most of the challenge of the game. Just haul ass at a dude and press the B button.

Comment

The gadgets are pointless if you want them to be pointless. That's part of what I like about the game so much. It leaves the experience 100% up to the player. And if you just spend the whole game running at dudes and doing hand to hand take downs you're going to get killed a lot. I spend most of my game being sneaky, but moving fast from point to point to get hidden kills and not being detected and had a lot of fun.

Comment

Cool. Stealth is for gaywads.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Commandant Lassard View Post
                          Cool. Stealth is for gaywads.
                          /brofist
                          /nohomofist

Comment

:: about to tap Billy on the shoulder ::

You were saying?

Comment

Working...
                            X