No announcement yet.

Bustin' makes me feel good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I pick this shit up this weekend after my NES 8-bit buffet...will anyone be around to play it?
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Just beat it. Not bad. The last level unfortunately is a bit shitty IMO but otherwise a fun game. I may be around at some point this weekend to play. I still have yet to try mulitplayer.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Sooooooo much fun. The opening music cues made me grin like the touched child with the dunce cap on who just found an unopened jar of glue to eat.

Cutscenes are pretty looking. Bill Murray is tired (but still Bill Murray, so who the fuck cares?).

At the Civil War exhibit, feeling a bit bad for Winston.

Game crashed right when I was slam-dunkin' a Confederate into a trap. Started up Prototype. Sucks ass. About to restart the antebellum period in the museum.

Also: got a nifty pre-order code for the GB2 jumpsuit. And I didn't even pre-order the motherfucker! BAM!
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

The game crashed on me a bunch of times in the museum. It's still my favorite level though.

I'm working my way through the Shandor island now. There's some creepy stuff in this game.

Comment

Absolutely. That's why the MCP review can suck my ass. So fucking wrong it hurts.

There are some funny then immediately scary sequences to the game, which made the tone of the film so entertaining (Almost yelped the first time I walked up to the Grey Lady's portrait. Not something I expected). The plot was actually pretty awesome to me, a hardcore fan (who unapologetically loves the fucking sequel).

Originally posted by MCP View Post
            And the big setpieces- like fighting Stay-Puft while dangling from a building- are nowhere near as exciting or cool as you hope they'd be.
            BULLSHIT. Stay-Puft was fucking awesome. This game is awesome. You sir, are wrong/dead inside.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Anyone listen to the phone messages up stairs in the firehouse yet? My 2 favorites are:

"Who busts the Ghostbuster?"

And a phone call from a "Professor Jones" asking where the Viggo painting is and exclaiming that it's a "priceless artifact that belongs in a museum."

Fucking greatness.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                I want to fucking murder Ray at the moment.

Stone Cherebs. When you get there, you'll know. ARGHHG.
                Those things are fucking horseshit. Suicide bombers from hell.

This is another one of those games where the couple fights leading up to the final boss are a much bigger pain in the ass than the finale. The fight in front of the mausoleum consisted of me reviving every single team member in succession while trying to fight off the minor enemies while the rest of the team took care of the priest ghosts. So annoying.

Comment

Maybe I'm easy but I really like the multiplayer. The only bad thing about it I've noticed is that even though you're working as a team, it's still every man for himself in terms of the money. That sometimes makes trapping the ghosts harder than it should be since everyone is trying to trap it themselves.

Comment

Still a bunch of fun going back through the missions (trying to get all of the artifacts/ghosts logged in the spirit guide).

And Prototype isn't as shitty as I exclaimed earlier. But it's still not as fun as bustin'.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Maybe I'm just mentally retarded, but I'm stuck on the hotel level after the one level floods, chasing that dumbass fisherman ghost. Everywhere I go, there's stuff blocking and I CAN'T SHOOT IT OUT. The useless, shitty radar is of no help and I keep getting killed by flying candlesticks.

Any advice, or should I just angrily throw the disc out the window and hope it hits one of the programmers in the eye? My childlike nostalgia has given way to blind, hateful rage.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

The only way I made it through that level (and many like it when I was stuck) was to use the goggles as a directional device, indicating as to just where the fisherman was (or would pop out of the wall) and where I needed to go so that he'd finally move his corpulent ass to his boss area.

Sorry that it is incredibly vague, but the only tip I can give ya is to use the goggles and whenever you see them go a bit apeshit, go in that direction.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, there's some poor level design on that part. There's only one way to go but they don't guide you in that direction at all. The goggles are halfway useless but they're just about your only hope. The only other option you have is to grab a wall and start running a perimeter sweep.

Comment

Working...
                          X