Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently trying out Jake's Parmesan chicken boob recipe.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Chicken boobs came out great. Not greasy at all which is nice. This will make some great office lunches.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Good to hear! I just did quick roasted veggies tonight for the steaks, which was awesome - eggplant, mushroom, garlic, bell pepper, onion, and asparagus tossed in olive oil with italian seasoning.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• My apartment smells of pure, unrefined win.

Let me share why...

Provençal Rabbit Stew

3 rabbits (about 3 pounds each)
          2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional if necessary for cooking vegetables
          1/2 cup flour, plus additional for thickening
          1/2 cup Dijon mustard
          2 cups coarsely chopped onions
          1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrots
          1 cup white wine
          1 sprig of thyme
          1 bay leaf
          1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
          2 garlic cloves, finely minced
          a few cups chicken stock
          1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
          1 pound fresh plum tomatoes
          3/4 pound brine-cured green olives
          3/4 cup capers
          1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.

2. Cut the rabbits in 6 pieces each (the meaty hind legs, the bonier forelegs, plus the center loin cut in two.) Or if you're a Mary, have your butcher do it. In an ovenproof sauté pan wide enough to hold the rabbit pieces in one layer, add the olive oil and place over moderate heat. (If you don't have a pan big enough, you can use 2 and divide the ingredients.)

3. Put flour in a flat dish. Brush the rabbit pieces with the mustard and then dip into the flour, shaking off any excess. Add the rabbit pieces to the hot oil and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove rabbit from the pan and set aside.

4. Add the onions and carrots to the pan (or pans) and cook over moderately high heat until onions are lightly browned. (You may need to add a teaspoon of olive oil if the pan is too dry.) Sprinkle the leftover flour, if there is any, into the pan, and stir well to blend with the onions. Deglaze the pan with the white wine over high heat and mix well. Add the thyme, bay leaf, tomato paste and garlic, and mix well.

5. Return the rabbit to the pan (or pans). Add enough chicken stock to cover the meat and vegetables by an inch. Bring to a boil and add the salt. Cover and braise in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is just cooked enough to start falling from the bone.

6. While the rabbit is cooking, bring a small pot of water to boil. Remove the stems from the tomatoes with the tip of a small knife. Make a small crisscross on the other side of the tomato. Plunge the tomatoes into the boiling water for about 30 seconds, or until skin begins to pull away. Refresh under cold water and remove the peel. Cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Chop coarsely and reserve until needed. Rinse the olives in cold water. Reserve.

7. When the rabbit is ready, carefully remove the pieces from the pan and set aside. Strain the sauce through a colander. Discard the vegetables and herbs.

8. Return the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Add the tomatoes, olives and capers. Reduce the heat, and simmer the sauce until it is reduced by about half. Thicken with flour, if desired.

9. When the sauce is ready, check the seasoning. Add the pieces of rabbit back to the pan to warm. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve right from the pan!

Comment

• 9lbs of rabbit? Sounds like Vinny has multiple Philly females coming by tonight.

Comment

• No... some old friends are in town, and I promised them a home-cooked meal.

But it's about a BITCH to skin rabbits!

Comment

• PETS OR MEAT.

Sounds awesome, Vin. I remember really liking rabbit the one time that I had it.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I know a guy out in the burbs who raises eating rabbits, $10 a head.

Fat little bastards too! There will be leftovers.

Comment

• I know this: Vin will be one of the survivors when society collapses in a couple of years.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Stick with me, kid...

You'll eat good.

Comment

• This bunny would like a word with you...

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Comment

• Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit, kill da WAAAAAAABBIT...

Comment

• Spear and magic helmet?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                9lbs of rabbit? Sounds like Vinny has multiple Philly females coming by tonight.
                                Or just one real big one.
                                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                                X