Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Vin I have a sister I can offer you. She is disgusting and will do anything at all as long as you're cooking, but you have to move here so I can leach the grub.

Comment

• (*Sigh...*) Okay, I'll admit it....

NOM!

THIS is why I'd make a shitty vegetarian! THIS!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Sounds awesome, Vin. I remember really liking rabbit the one time that I had it.

This. I'd definitely eat rabbit again, but I'd be reluctant to do any butchering/trimming on my own, because it's something I've never worked with, and I'm worried I'd screw it up. The stew I had it in was small, bite sized boneless chunks, so I didn't even get to see what a cut up rabbit part LOOKED like.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• As delicious as that rabbit looks, part of my brain thinks rabbits and other Euarchontoglires also called Supraprimates are to close to humuns in classification to eat without thinking about the similarities in texture to humans and our true ancestors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
            As delicious as that rabbit looks, part of my brain thinks rabbits and other Euarchontoglires also called Supraprimates are to close to humuns in classification to eat without thinking about the similarities in texture to humans and our true ancestors.
            That knowledge only enhances the flavor!

Tonight's repast in all it's glory...

Ropa Vieja

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
            2 pounds beef flank steak
            1 cup beef broth
            1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
            1 small onion, sliced
            1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
            2 cloves garlic, chopped
            1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
            1 teaspoon ground cumin
            1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
            1 tablespoon olive oil
            1 tablespoon white vinegar

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.

Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar. Stir until well blended. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on low for up to 10 hours. When ready to serve, shred meat and serve with tortillas or black beans and rice.

I started this at 6 am EST... and my kitchen smells of win!

Comment

• Vin, stop ignoring my offer of my sister's body for your cooking.

Comment

• I'm mulling it over...

Comment

• Her only request was that you wear the green beret in the kitchen...and nothing else.

Comment

• My tan one looks better...

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                      That knowledge only enhances the flavor!
                      Of all the things Vin's posted here, this may be the most subtle - yet dusturbing - of them all.

But there ain't nothin' like a good ropa vieja. I haven't had a good one in years, not since I stopped working in Union City (or as the locals called, it, "Little Havana" because of the high Cuban population that used to live there). I'm a-gonna have to try me some Vin inspired goodness, and that right soon.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                        Of all the things Vin's posted here, this may be the most subtle - yet dusturbing - of them all.
                        Note to self:

Ig knows too much...

Comment

• [Begins packing furiously]

Comment

• wow...that ropa vieja (never heard of it before) sounds simply awesome and easy as hell to make. Definitely going to try that one.

You know, we could seriously publish a BDR cookbook of kickass recipes here. Granted, 75% of them will come from the Vin-man.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I CANNOT MOVE!

I AM FILLED WITH MEAT AND DRINK!

Seriously... I had to undo the top button on my pants to sit and type this!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                                I CANNOT MOVE!

I AM FILLED WITH MEAT AND DRINK!

Seriously... I had to undo the top button on my pants to sit and type this!
                                http://www.hulu.com/watch/4135/satur...e-patio-lovers

Comment

Working...
                                X