Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I've got like 6 chicken breasts in the freezer. Going to make those sometime soon.

Comment

• I like the sounds of this recipe too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
        I'm dumb. What does "fully dressed" chips imply?
        They are just normal chips with a different flavoring, like we have here with sour cream and cheese, cheddar and sour cream, etc.

However, since we don't have them here, they are fucking amazing.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Vin, you been adding these to uber recipe thread? You better be after the work I put into it dammit.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Vin's Marinade... OF THE GODS!

I just got home from work... and my apartment smells of this heavenly concoction. You will make this the next time you have any cooked dead animal flesh.

1/2 cup bourbon... any kind, but I use Bulleit. Because I can.
            1/4 cup soy sauce
            1/4 cup olive oil
            1/4 cup orange juice
            1 cup brown sugar, packed
            1 tsp crushed garlic
            1 tsp chopped onion
            1 pinch crushed black pepper
            2 big ass squirts of hot sauce.

1: Mix all of it together

2: Stick your meat in... heh heh.

3: Let your meat soak for 4 hours minimum.

4: Pull out your meat... then pat dry and cook.

*I'm going to add a bit more bourbon, then reduce the savory leavings into some kind of sauce for to spoon onto my hot meat. I will relay my findings tomorrow.

Comment

• Yeah, let me know because I have a whole bottle of Bulleit at home that I'm trying to attack slowly, haha.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                Yeah, let me know because I have a whole bottle of Bulleit at home that I'm trying to attack slowly, haha.
                Brother... if I could bathe in Bulleit, I would.

Comment

• What exactly is stopping you? It's not like you're draping yourself in velvet or anything.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Yeah, so I knocked out two glasses' worth after getting home because I don't want to go to this open mic. Apparently the crowd's brutal. Gonna stop now. So yeah, I'll have some left over for steak, haha.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      What exactly is stopping you? It's not like you're draping yourself in velvet or anything.
                      You make a salient point, my man!

Anyhoo... the steak was fucking amazing.

If you performed oral sex on Jesus, Allah, Buddha, etc... you could only hope that it tasted like this steak..

Comment

• Are you putting these into the uber thread? I need to know so if you're not I can.

Comment

• If you could, that would be awesome. I am not a technically proficient person... and the few attempts I made did not go well.

I am fail and lose.

Comment

• [*Takes several Lightning avoidance steps back*]
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• SHRIMP POTATO AND CORN CHOWDER BECAUSE ROB YELLS AT ME AND SPARKS CHILDHOOD MEMORIES I SUPPRESSED

Ingredients
                              1lbs large peeled and de-veined shrimp
                              6+ slices of thick peppered bacon
                              20oz shredded hash browns or 2-3 diced potatoes with diced onions
                              2 table spoons of flour
                              1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (Tony's)
                              3 cups chicken broth
                              4 cups frozen corn kernels
                              2 cups half and half or heavy cream

Cook bacon in large skillet until brown and crispy. Saute potatoes in bacon drippings about 3 minutes. Be sure to scrape bottom of pan to get brown bits. Stir in flour and seafood seasoning until blended well.

Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until potatoes tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon half of the potatoes into a bowl, mash with fork or masher and return to pot.

Stir in cream and corn, return chowder to a boil. Add shrimp, simmer 2-3 minutes or until shrimp curls. Stir and season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Ladle chowder into serving bowls, top with bacon and NOM MOFO.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X