This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH I WILL NOMM THAT!!!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• not if I Nom it first!
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I've had that before, it was also referred to as a Robert Redford (because apparently he's better than sex). It was Nom-friggin-tastic.
        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Rocky Road Cheesecake

1 oreo pie crust
          3 pkg softened cream cheese
          3/4 c sugar
          3 eggs
          3 squares melted semi-sweet baking chocolate
          Handfull chopped caramels
          Minature marshmellows
          Chopped Pecans
          1 or 2 squares unmelted semi-sweet baking chocolate chopped into small chunks

1)Take pie crust crumbs out and dump in a springform pan- press into pan and up sides just a bit. Stick in the freezer for a few min to help it reform.

2) Beat cream cheee and sugar until well blended. Add 3 eggs one at a time and mix on low speed, after each addition just until blended. Stir in melted chocolate and the handfull of chopped caramels. Pour into crust. Bake at 350F for 45-50 min if using a silver pan. Bake 325 if using a dark pan. After cooked, pull out cheesecake and then cover the top with marshmallows, choc chunks, and chopped pecans. Broil to brown SLIGHTLY. Cool to room temp and then refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.

Comment

• Now I know why I don't make many desserts.

I'd weigh a ton.

Comment

• CHRIST. You're not kidding. They're gonna hate me for making that.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                CHRIST. You're not kidding. They're gonna hate me for making that.

Women and chocolate- it will not be hate they feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                  Women and chocolate- it will not be hate they feel... but the caloric content shifting ever so subtly, but inexorably, to the thighs.
                  fixed...

Comment

• Since it's cold here, I decided on soup for lunch today.

Pasta Fagioli(or 'pasta fazool' for you non-Italians)

1 can cannellini beans (you can substitute Great Northern beans if you wish)
                    2 cans of chicken stock.
                    1/2 pound of smallish pasta (I use ditellini or pastina, but you can use small elbows)
                    2 handfuls of fresh spinach
                    1/2 chopped onion
                    2 cloves garlic sliced thin
                    1/4 pound of salt pork cut in small cubes (or use bacon)
                    olive oil
                    A pinch of fresh chopped parsley(optional)

1: Boil water and a healthy pinch of salt and cook the pasta. Don’t cook it al dente, as it will expand in the soup and absorb all the broth. Cook it until soft.

2: In a sauce pan saute the salt pork/bacon on medium heat until almost crispy, but still tender. Now add some olive oil to the pan and start to saute the onions and garlic on low heat until opaque.

3: Take the cans of cannellini beans and empty them into a pot along with the juice in the can. Add your chicken broth, sauteed onions, a splash of olive oil and bring to a boil.

4: Now add your fully cooked pasta to the soup. I like to add the spinach directly to the pot... but add it last, so that it keeps that bright green color.

5: If you like a little heat (as I do), pinch some crushed red pepper, and then a pinch of parsley. Serve it hot with the grated cheese of your choice on the side.

6: Nom.

Some crusty bread, a salad, and a lot of red wine. Voila, you have dinner.

NOTE: To ensure the timely placement of recipes, I will collect all of them every month... then place them in the locked threads for easy referral.

Comment

• Good. I just did a few today. Also, you'll probably have to create part 3 as there is a character limit. I had to move the crock pot recipes to part 2 today.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I am going to make the fuck out of that pasta fagioli at some point before next week.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• It's dirt cheap... especially if you use salt pork instead of bacon. Plus soup always tastes better the second day.

Comment

• Ohhh, that sounds so good!

I have to say, I always love how the last step in Vin's recipes is "Nom".
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I'm gonna have to test out that recipe myself at some point.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                                Ohhh, that sounds so good!

I have to say, I always love how the last step in Vin's recipes is "Nom".
                                Unless it's a cocktail recipe...

then I'll put 'Dook!'

Comment

Working...
                                X