Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legit never heard of it and I know no one personally who has a special dinner for NYD. Shit is crazy to me.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

Were you not tortured with black eyed peas every New Years Day growing up? Best thing about growing up and moving out was no cabbage and peas on NYD. shit is disgusting.
      We always did pork and sauerkraut. Still can’t stand the smell of sauerkraut.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• New Year's Eve Dinner? My neck of the woods, it meant getting the family together (my folks, kid brother and my grandparents when I was a kid, now it's Jen, my Mom and Jen's sister's family), and eating whatever Mom/Jen's sister decided to make for everybody. Black-eyed peas, cabbage, pork and sauerkraut were emphatically NOT on the radar here, ever. Nor do I know anyone around here or abroad that any of that stuff.

Maybe it's an ethnic thing - I'm Irish/Hungarian, Jen and her sister are predominantly Swiss, my brother-in-law's Italian, my kid brother's wife is South Korean. None of that stuff's ever popped up in any of our menus, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post

We always did pork and sauerkraut. Still can’t stand the smell of sauerkraut.
          Yup. Same here. I fucking HATE sauerkraut.

Comment

• Billiam speaks the correct on NYD dinner, fucking black eyed peas and cabbage. Now don't get me wrong, there are CERTAIN cabbage dishes I might like ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. The cabbage dish on NYD is NONE of those dishes.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Made pulled pork on Friday, grubbed on that all weekend. Made some awesome burgers on the grill yesterday afternoon as well. Finally able to use my grill more as it's not so goddamn hot outside.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• First dinner in the house was baked salmon with garlic salt, dill, and lemon slices then green beans sauteed in olive oil with dice shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.

Comment

• made a tasty blackened porkchop on a bed of saffron rice with a lemon yogurt sauce. Tastyyyy even though I over did the pork (I blame the beer).

Comment

• Oooooo, that sounds amazing!

Nathan marinated some chicken breasts in teriyaki and I made skillet saut
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Sarah made these amazing lamb meatballs with panko and mint and shit, then asparagus on the side. it's the Molly Baz recipe if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Lemon pepper tilapia and rice. Nothing fancy, but it was tasty.

Comment

• nice. I made some spicy shrimp on a bed of pesto barley mixed with blackened corn and tomatoes. Barley is tasty even when it's not in beer form.

Comment

• Mmmmm, that sounds very yummy!

Tomorrow is supposed to be lovely fall weather, so I plan on making some of my bread for the first time in months.

Comment

• Nice. I'd like to try making bread at some point but then I remember I hardly eat bread.

Comment

• Made this awesome spicy maple glazed tilapia over a bed of brown rice and roasted veggies with figs. Fucking grubbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X