Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice man. I'm about to start my carnitas recipe in a few mins so we can have amazing tacos around 8 tonight.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• can't waiiiiit
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wrapped the brisket in foil about an hour ago. Now to wait and hope THE STALL doesn't like 6 hours.

Comment

• Omg, drooooool...

Rob, how were the carnitas?

Got the fixings to make that Mississippi pot roast I keep seeing. I’ll probably throw that together tomorrow, hopefully it isn’t garbage.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Carnitas were on fucking point. Tweaked my recipe just a bit and it was amazing.

Comment

• Lesley bought me a fancy waffle machine for xmas so I've been making waffles since Friday.

Cannot wait to make fried chicken and waffles this weekend with a spicy sweet maple syrup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Lesley bought me a fancy waffle machine for xmas so I've been making waffles since Friday.

Cannot wait to make fried chicken and waffles this weekend with a spicy sweet maple syrup.
                Yaaaaasssss! I usually keep a batch in the freezer for homemade Eggos.

Can’s say I’m a big chicken and waffles person, but you enjoy that shit, man!
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Lesley bought me a fancy waffle machine for xmas so I've been making waffles since Friday.

YESSSSSSSSS.

I got the huge ridiculous anova sous vide container, because the small container I had been using barely fit two pork chops in it. This thing will take two goddamn roasts in it. Going to make ribeyes for NYE.

Comment

• fuck yeah man. Sous vide that shit up. We've been talking about doing some ribeyes in it lately as well, may need to now lol.

Comment

• Ribeye in the sous vide is the fucking best. We do ours with salt, pepper, some fresh rosemary stems, and a couple twigs of thyme.

Comment

• Yep, I do the same but I also put slivers of garlic in the bag too.

Comment

• I read not to do garlic, because one hour too long and it can just completely overwhelm the flavor during sous vide. So I toss cloves in with butter when I sear.

Comment

• Weird, never have had that issue but good to know. When I first got my anova I made steaks like twice a week for a few months lol.

I also use garlic in the butter haha. Love garlic.

Comment

• Garlic all the fucking things man. I just vacuum sealed our steaks, wrapped up a brisket, and some ribs. Going to have the smoker going alllll day tomorrow.

Comment

• I don't trust a "chef" who doesn't keep both actual garlic and garlic powder on hand.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X