Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esplain...

Weiners on the fries?

Fries on the weiners?

Help me out here, son...

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Prepare ground beef like you're going to make tacos, add them to Vin's recipe, then top with chili con queso and fuck up yo world mang.
      god yes
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I have no idea but Rhode Islanders get real snippy when you mistake "Wieners" for hot dogs. Seeing how Rhode Island is pretty much decimated on every other front. I can see why they fight so hard about this.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
          god yes
          Syrianly... I might do this tonight, but I have a powerful lust for takeaway Chinky.

Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
            I only wish to bring the joys of culinary discovery to everyone I meet before I kill them.
            Refitted. . . .
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              I begged him to name one of the items after "Men At Work".

. . . Winning!
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Got that Free birds!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                  I made Vin Friesâ„¢

1/2 pound of french fries... fried, preferably.
                  1/4 pound of pepper jack cheese
                  1/4 pound of sharp cheddar
                  1/2 pound of crab meat

1: Prepare your fries... by frying.
                  2: Melt your cheese... by melting.
                  3: When fries are crisp, liberally cover with crab meat and sprinkle with Old Bayâ„¢
                  4: Coat everything with melted cheese.
                  5: Nom... and pray for Kali to take you.
                  I like this. It's like a variation on some poutine I've seen, like the poutine au poulet and stuff like that. Wonderful.

I went for diner at a great local restaurant, Les 400 Coups (love the name). 240$. And the best meal I ever had. We had the tasting menu, cocktails, paired wines, 5 course diner + amuse-bouches. So fucking awesome. And the pastry chef, as renowed as his partner, his a guy who liked his dessert not too sweet.

I had:

Some fish carpaccio as an amuse bouche

Cauliflower soup with marinated cauliflowers, oysters, meyer lemon, buttermilk mousse at the bottom and cavior on top. I never liked cauliflower. Until now. My wife never liked oysters. Until now.

Goat Cheese with cucumber sald, green raisins, honey & pepper jelly.
                  Simple and delicious.

Braised Beef ravioli with shrimps, in a lobster bisque.
                  The title says it all...

Desserts:

Green: Green apples, pistachio, olive oil, green apple granita, cilantro and creamy white chocolate yogourt
                  This is the best dessert I ever had. Ever. And the chef gave me the damned recipe (it's easy).

Araguani Chocolate Mousse with pear sorbet, caramelized nuts and sapote
                  The chocolate is salty. Mixed with the sweetness of the sorbet and the sapote: wow.

And some lemon financiers (fluffy cakes) to finish the night.

Best. Meal. Ever.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• fucking jealous
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Hell, I've had a meal like that like 5 times in my life. But that was the best.

And if anyone wants some recipes from that guy, including the Greenm lemme know. It's fucking easy to do. The recipes looks complicated, but aren't. It's just 2 or 3 simples recipes added together in hte end. I've made like 6 or 7 of his recipes, and they're all great.

Comment

• Yeah I want that Green recipe for sure

~

Comment

• Coming up in the recipe thread.

Comment

• A few baltar cookies.

YES.

The podcast was only like 40 mins long, but I thought it went on for hours.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I need to get on getting my med card just for edibles alone. I hate using my stash to make shit just because I mostly buy headies and that shit's expensive.

~

Comment

• Werd. Last night consisted of some epic hash, cookies and some mirror pond pale ale.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X