Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
    Thanks to you guys we've become Papa Johns converts. After doing what Jake suggested (well done crust, etc) the output has been pretty goddamn tasty.
    Missed this little factoid. Awesome. They are the best damn commercial pizza place. Fuck Pizza Hut too. Their crust tastes greasy and NO crust should taste greasy.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Huh. Never heard of Book-It at the Pizza Huts around here. But seeing as I didn't start going to Pizza Huts till I was 19 or so, I wouldn't be in the program. Many other 19 year olds around here, sure, but not me.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
        I do confess to liking Pizza Hut, Martin. It's good as far as chain-pizza goes - they got the thick crust right. Domino's blows. And none of them can compare to our awesome NY pizza!
        NY pizza is great, but have you ever tried Napolitan?
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          I read many a Boxcar Children's mystery in those days. Scholastic book orders FTW!

Then I went on to read Animorphs in middle school. Don't know why, but I did.
          Boxcar Children and that dude who wrote all the sports books. Something Christopher, I think. I didn't give a shit about sports but I really liked those books.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            NY pizza is great, but have you ever tried Napolitan?
            Do you mean Neopolitan? That's pretty much classic NY style pizza around here - your basic thin crust, round pie is Neopolitan style, and the square thick crust pie is Sicicilian. On the east coast anyway, that's how we distinguish between the two. And margherita pizza is the NOM!

And of course, honestly, Amy's Organic pizzas are the best frozen pizzas in the world! Like - seriously - you wouldn't mind making frozen pizza at home if it was Amy's.

EDIT: I love the random tag that just says "ass"! And "Papa John's Rulez", which is a flat out lie, but still a great tag!
            Last edited by Lisa; 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• those Amy's pizzas are pretty damned good. I'll back you up on that.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                Do you mean Neopolitan? That's pretty much classic NY style pizza around here - your basic thin crust, round pie is Neopolitan style, and the square thick crust pie is Sicicilian. On the east coast anyway, that's how we distinguish between the two. And margherita pizza is the NOM!
                Yup, from Naple. Birthplace of Pizza. The True Pizza, so to speak.

But I love a good NY-style pizza. Never tried the deep dish one.

And pizzas aren't square.

Comment

• Anyone here makes his own pizza from sctach btw?

Comment

• My father did, I've yet to do it myself. Mainly because the portion sizes would be out of whack.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Anyone here makes his own pizza from sctach btw?
                      I tried to once. I wasn't pleased with how it came out*, so I never bothered to try it again. Frankly, the frozen pizzas are cheap and easy to cook, so I don't really care to bother with making one from scratch anymore.

*my wife also cut it into little squares...
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Frozen pizzas fuck up my gums too much. The sauce in those things must have the acidity jacked up way too high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          Frozen pizzas fuck up my gums too much. The sauce in those things must have the acidity jacked up way too high.
                          ALL pizzas are highly acidic to me. I'll burp pizza for a good 24 hours after my meal.

Comment

• True, but frozen is far worse. Plus, much easier to scald yourself on them.

Comment

• (From Martin's question about anyone making home-made or scratch: )

I do, I do, I actually have a recipe to contribute!!! It's a pesto-white pizza recipe:

Okay, it's not from scratch, because I don't know how to make the dough. But you can buy pizza dough, or even those stupid Boboli crusts work pretty well. And also, it's not specific amounts - just whatever looks like decent amounts till the crust/dough is covered. Anyway, buy any kind of dough or crust where you're given the baking directions.

So you have your dough or crust. Lay that out on a pan lightly coated with olive oil.

Very lightly coat the crust/dough with olive oil as well.

Then take one small (small!) jar of pesto sauce, and spread the whole thing on the pizza dough.

Add on your toppings on top of the pesto - it can be anything you like, but I prefer freshly chopped plum tomatoes, chopped mushrooms and cooked, crumbled sausage. I've also added black olives, but that's only if you really like it loaded - I find a lot of times it's just too much for the cheese to hold together. Generally, the chopped tomatoes, mushrooms and sausage are plenty.

Take at least one bag of shredded mozzerella (you may need more), and some grated parmesano reggiano and top the toppings. Get a good thick layer of cheese going so you can bind all the ingredients.

Then pop it in the oven according to the baking instructions that came with your dough/crust.

Honestly, this stuff comes so good, everyone I've made it for loves it. It's better with fresh dough, but even the Boboli crusts come out great. And it's easy as hell - you guys know I'm a shitty cook, but even I can't ruin this, so anyone can make it.
                              Last edited by Lisa; 03-24-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• somebody needs to link that picture of that ultimate burger that used something like 10 lbs of ground beef and two frozen pizzas for the 'bun'. Where is that thing again?

Comment

Working...
                                X