No announcement yet.

TRUE DETECTIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why compare the two in the first place? Because there are antlers on people in both? What the fuck?

One is designed specifically to continue on from season to season until everyone gets fucking tired of it, and the other has a set number of episodes to tell the story.

One is completely in your face about everything that is going on, like standard television. The other, while operating in the same realm, also offers up interpretation to ASPECTS that are found in true crime (moral decay at every level of the operating world, how it changes and mutates the landscape and the people entrenched in it).

They each offer up a type of entertainment that is light years apart from one another.

Zack, I am going to send Screech after you. Whenever he makes bail.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I honestly just didn't enjoy the first season. I felt there was no payoff at all. Great performances and shots but it did nothing for me. It didn't help that I was also watching Hannibal season 2 at the same time and that season is still the one of the best seasons of any season of anything.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Again, not disparaging you that loved it, I'm just saying that it left me cold and one viewing was more than enough. I have higher hopes for season 2 just because it's a completely different story.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And why is it that it left you cold? Didn't give you the finale you thought you would see? Thought it would be some big battle for the hearts and minds of shithole Lousiana?

Nope. A crazed hillbilly born out of the same trauma as the rest of the inhabitants of that hellhole takes the fall instead. They get away with it, because that is what happens.

Maybe there will be more to the world's cult mythos this season, but I doubt it. The show seems geared toward talking about complex problems of moral decay, institutionalized misery, the elite. and the toll they take on people.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I wonder if this will be not as good as Hannibal again this year.
            Hannibal couldn't get back Mr. Creepy Andro Face so TD will be better.

Comment

• I feel this is going to turn into a "my dad can beat up your dad" discussion, so I'll just leave it at this:

I hope Vince Vaughn's mea culpa for all the shitty movies he's made starts with season 2 of True Detective.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Vaughnasance begins with this.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I wonder if this will be not as good as Hannibal again this year.

Spoiler: Not a spoiler 
                  I'd watch Rust Cohle vs. Hannibal.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• hahahah. That would be amazing.

Comment

• the reviews for the new season haven't been inspiring. :/

Comment

• Good but not great. Then again, that's only based on the first three episodes. It might all gel together on episode 4 and kick ass.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• this is gonna flip where I love this season and hate Hannibal's 3rd.

Comment

• I'm giving this season all the leeway I can because I loved the first. I get why others didn't but it was wonderful for me.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Not sure what to think so far. A lot of the dialog was just really bad in this pilot, but holy shit can we just say David Morse is the fucking best?

Comment

• haha, I actually really fucking dug this episode. Colin threatening that kid was fucking ridiculous. "I WILL BUTTFUCK YOUR FATHER WITH YOUR HEADLESS MOTHER'S CORPSE"

sheeeiiitt

Comment

Working...
                                X