2012 Fall (New) Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anderson
    I truly believe that 2012/2013 will kill primetime TV as we know it.

Yes, please.

Comment

Originally posted by teledork View Post

Yes, please.
      It's been coming for awhile, but no network has bothered to set up the trigger phase that will cause it.

By killing primetime TV, I'm referring to viewers actually using the schedule
      or even watching it in first run. DVR/TIVO started the trend away. At one point take 20% of overall viewing nightly.

Now, we're creating a scenario where multiple networks aren't scheduling based on viewer demand but on contractual obligations to shows. Viewers have been demonstrating dissatisfaction with cable, network and television in general. The levels of which are are unprecedented extremes.

When you take away the average viewer's ability to turn on a TV and see what they want, they go to other venues. Or, as in ABC circa 1981-1984...they just stop watching. In that case, we had the anomaly hitting one network. Now, we have a situation where it impacts all four majors.

The scope of which has never been seen, but they did have one way around it. Hulu. Hulu while losing potential money is still an earner. Fearing eventual reprisal Comcast and other Cable giants have been leaning on them for cable verification. So, let's re-examine this for a moment.

You have a company that captures viewers that reject traditional viewing, so you hedge your bets and close off that option? It's like if your balls itched, so you cut them off to deal with it.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Interesting point. My youngest has determined that she doesn't need networks. We have NetFlix and she pretty much uses it exclusively.

So she'll grow up not giving a single fuck if there's "appointment teevee" as she has no need of it.

Comment

Originally posted by teledork View Post
          Interesting point. My youngest has determined that she doesn't need networks. We have NetFlix and she pretty much uses it exclusively.

So she'll grow up not giving a single fuck if there's "appointment teevee" as she has no need of it.

It's a very real trend and one that's growing at an astronomical rate.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Anything caught your attention, anyone?
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I have so many shows to get caught up on I'm not even paying attention to the new crap.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                Anything caught your attention, anyone?

What I've seen early sucks monster ass. I appreciate that Parenthood is back and doing well, but it's NBC.

I did watch a screener of the ABC alien family show. Fucking horrible. But, it's the kind of horrible that I used to remember watching on TGIF. Just better production values.

Comment

Heard Last Resort (?) is good. Revolution looks like their year's big-expensive-flop on the NBC front.

And I see The Voice kicked X-Factor's ass last night.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Don't think there's a single new show I am interested in. What's the Andre Bauer one with the sub? It sounds batshit enough that it might be fun.

Comment

Last Resort.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        Last Resort.
                        Yeah, that one I may give a shot but every thing else looks repulsive.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Last Resort looks cool.

I'll check out Revolution cause it's showrunner is Erc Kripke, aka the guy who created Supernatural.

Arrow looks like Smallville 2.0, which means it's gonna be garbage.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Elementary looks like US-Sherlock wannabe.

Vegas
                            has Dennis Quaid and Vic Mackey, so I'll check it out as well...

Partners
                            I might check ONLY cause of my man-crush on Brandon Routh.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Ahhhh yeah Vegas. That one COULD be interesting. It COULD be a train wreck as well.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Partners I might check ONLY cause of my man-crush on Brandon Routh.
                                Its a pit stop for Routh. He's destined to headline a big-hit action-procedural show, a la NCIS.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X