2012 Fall (New) Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Fall (New) Season

NBC done announced their schedule. Community moves to Friday nights with Shitney. The Voice goes to two cycles a year. JJ Abrams puts his name on yet another show. Deborah Ann Woll not mentioned on any of the big networks. Do No Harm involves a neurosurgeon with multiple personality disorder.

Plus, I hear The New Girl and Raising Hope are likely to be renewed if they haven't already. So that's good. Also, Fringe gets 13 eps to clean things up.

http://tvdonewright.com/2012-2013-pr...llation-chart/

Comment

Bye Community.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Bye Community.

Not so fast. NBC has been having a really big surprise streak on Fridays over the last two years.

While it's a matter of diminished returns, it actually poses Community with a rather detestable lead-in to make it look even better.

BEST CASE: Community kills as the lead-in to Grimm. NBC supports it and they extend the fourth season. Whitney takes the blame for any ratings drop and gets shitcanned.

WORST CASE: America suddenly gets employed again, people go out and socialize. Plus, CBS starts paying old people to watch anything but the youngsters (under 50) on any other network.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I'm more concerned that Harmon might not be coming back as showrunner.

I'm also confused as to why NBC doesn't swap timeslots for The Office and Parks and Recreation, other than tradition. Parks is so much better it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            I'm more concerned that Harmon might not be coming back as showrunner.

I'm also confused as to why NBC doesn't swap timeslots for The Office and Parks and Recreation, other than tradition. Parks is so much better it's ridiculous.

Parks doesn't do the same ratings. At this rate, NBC is a major bad call away from being leveled to the ground floor and just relaunched.

This last season fucking hurt them.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Not so fast. NBC has been having a really big surprise streak on Fridays over the last two years.
              Sure, but personally I bet I completely forget Community exists just because of how I watch TV. Thursday works well because we aren't out, and it comes on the same night as Parks. I get to watch NBA on TNT, record Community then watch Park/Community back to back at 9. If it comes on Friday I won't even think about it all weekend, and so much shit comes on Sunday night that we are watching Sunday shows on Tuesday night playing catch up.

Now if Harmon doesn't come back? I might actually consider it appointment tv again.

Comment

Community without Harmon is not Community. Dude is part of every aspect of the show. Without him around, I have the feeling that it'll turn into Spaced USA/Big Bang Theory lite.

I don't mind the Friday shift, though. Community followed by Fringe/Grimm? Yes please.
                sigpic
                360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

This last season of Community was bad. The laughs were few and very far between.

Comment

I think Jen likes Unforgettable, so she might be bummed about it being cancelled. Still both NCIS shows are coming back, as well as Hawaii 5-0, so she'll endure.

Comment

This last season of Community was bad. The laughs were few and very far between.

This. It became such inside baseball it was ridiculous. This season was a far cry from the last one in my opinion. Parks dominated this season.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Parks was damn near flawless. Every single episode had legit laugh out loud moments. This last episode of Community was the only one I think I laughed pretty much through the whole thing. HEY GUYS LOOK LAW AND ORDER JOKES THIS IS CURRENT

Comment

Parks was damn near flawless. Every single episode had legit laugh out loud moments. This last episode of Community was the only one I think I laughed pretty much through the whole thing. HEY GUYS LOOK LAW AND ORDER JOKES THIS IS CURRENT

Poehler's going to win her Emmy for this season of Parks. Comparing it to Community is not even fair.

One was struggling to stay on the air, while the other one was having a perfect season.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            Poehler's going to win her Emmy for this season of Parks. Comparing it to Community is not even fair.

One was struggling to stay on the air, while the other one was having a perfect season.
                            Both are struggling to stay on the air. All of them, in fact, are struggling to stay on the air. If it's on NBC, it has shit ratings by default.
                            sigpic
                            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
                              Both are struggling to stay on the air. All of them, in fact, are struggling to stay on the air. If it's on NBC, it has shit ratings by default.

Community yeah. Parks while in a boat, it's not the same boat. It's a boat with only two holes, as opposed to Community's dozen of holes.

Right now, Parks could go to another network. Especially with how shitty NBC has been treating Greg Daniels. I truly believe that 2012/2013 will kill primetime TV as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X