No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad: SEASON 5... the first half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so far, we're 2 for 2. Everything is firing on all cylinders.

And yeah, Skyler was amazing. This may have been her Emmy episode.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• so are we to assume that Lydia and the Todd Nazi's are the ones that Walt may be going after with the big ass gun?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          so are we to assume that Lydia and the Todd Nazi's are the ones that Walt may be going after with the big ass gun?
          That's what I'm thinking.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Not seeing it, whatever it is.

Comment

• The Lydia and Hank stuff was great, as were the first and final scenes, but there's no way this could match the intensity of the previous episode. Gotta be happy with how things are progressing so far, though. If the whole next episode was just Hank and Jesse in that room - like Walt and the fly - I could totally handle that.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Thematically, it almost felt like Walt and Hank switched places this week. Hank became a monster (he tried to bully his way into getting Skyler to confess without lawyering up, using Marie when that failed) and Walt became sympathetic again (refusing to send Hank 'to Belize' because he family, and being willing to fall on his sword for Skyler and the kids). Now it looks like Hank is going to bully his way into getting Jessie to flip on Walt.

Nobody has a black or a white hat anymore...it's all grey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                  The Lydia and Hank stuff was great, as were the first and final scenes, but there's no way this could match the intensity of the previous episode. Gotta be happy with how things are progressing so far, though. If the whole next episode was just Hank and Jesse in that room - like Walt and the fly - I could totally handle that.
                  This was definitely an episode where they're getting all pieces on the board. Still, good stuff.
                  Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Thematically, it almost felt like Walt and Hank switched places this week. Hank became a monster (he tried to bully his way into getting Skyler to confess without lawyering up, using Marie when that failed) and Walt became sympathetic again (refusing to send Hank 'to Belize' because he family, and being willing to fall on his sword for Skyler and the kids). Now it looks like Hank is going to bully his way into getting Jessie to flip on Walt.

Nobody has a black or a white hat anymore...it's all grey.
                    Yep, and it's pretty damned fantastic.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus the scene with them fighting over the baby. I was holding my breath the entire time.

Comment

• Holy fucking shit tonight's episode. That 'confession' had me absolutely giggling at its audacity.

Comment

• gotdamn.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wowie wow wow.

Comment

• This episode was amazing after amazing after amazing. Aaron Paul brought it big time and I'm so glad to see him get to do something more than mope around again. Right from the moment his brow furrows when he hears Hank say Heisenberg is Walt, he was back. 'Eat me'.

Loved the cold opening, loved Marie telling Walt to kill himself, loved the 'confession' video, loved Gomez putting Hank in his place, loved everything in the desert, loved Jesse getting ready to leave for good ('Alaska?' was perfect)... But holy shit, those last 5 minutes.

The first half had a lot of humour too. The writers are doing a great job of upping the laugh quotient along with the tension. There were 4 or 5 big laughs to start with and I was barely breathing by the end, it was so tense.

This was another series-best episode for me. Just all great.
                              Last edited by Ben Thomas; 08-26-2013, 04:52 AM.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• So what will be the importance of slow Matt Damon talking about the train robbery, and the blood on the boot? I don't think the paper towel flushed all the way down the toilet, and that's going to come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X