Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    The Rehearsal

I know who Nathan Fielder is, but I have never seen one minute of Nathan For You. I've seen all the praise for The Rehearsal and gave it a shot. It's a fucking wild show, no doubt about it but when the finale hit I was just like...ok? That's it? I dunno. I was totally with it for the whole run time but the ending felt like Nathan didn't even know where to take it and just stopped.
    Loved this show, but yeah it did feel a bit abrupt. Nathan For You is the fucking best. These two clips are my favorite:"

I fucking die when he goes for the accent in the first one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Re-watching Supernatural and holy shit that first season without the music kind of ruins the show honestly. It's no joke that music can make a movie/show that much better and in this case it's totally fucking true. My favorite scene from season one was one with a skinwalker that sheds his skin when he changes into a new person. In the original run it had Filter "Hey Man, Nice Shot" playing over it (and we all know how hard that song rules) and in the Netflix version it's some generic nu-metal shit. Terrible. Can't wait to hit Season 2 where apparently music rights are back on the menu.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Episode 5 of Sandman is very VERY good. But Episode 6 might be my favorite episode of a TV show since Pine Barrens.

Comment

Episode 5 of Sandman is very VERY good. But Episode 6 might be my favorite episode of a TV show since Pine Barrens.
          Yes and Yes.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

The Rehearsal

I know who Nathan Fielder is, but I have never seen one minute of Nathan For You. I've seen all the praise for The Rehearsal and gave it a shot. It's a fucking wild show, no doubt about it but when the finale hit I was just like...ok? That's it? I dunno. I was totally with it for the whole run time but the ending felt like Nathan didn't even know where to take it and just stopped.
            What's going on in that show is so dense that I'm shocked that HBO went for it.

Basically, it's a show about perfecting perception that works in constantly engaging all possible perceptions of an event. Even the disconnected pilot which was partially shot in 2019, builds on this and would have stalled out without the larger plot of what the show is about.

But, HBO basically paid for Fielder to work out the largest cerebral exercise in the last 30 years on TV. The finale is exactly where it was meant to go and it has me wondering what he can do in the just announced Season 2.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

But, HBO basically paid for Fielder to work out the largest cerebral exercise in the last 30 years on TV. The finale is exactly where it was meant to go and it has me wondering what he can do in the just announced Season 2.
              I had the same thought. The finale didn't completely work for me, but I really don't know what else he's going to explore in another season. Even with it not landing at the end, I will absolutely watch a second season. The journey was way more interesting than the destination but it was a great journey.

Comment

Episode 5 of Sandman is very VERY good. But Episode 6 might be my favorite episode of a TV show since Pine Barrens.
                I said exactly that. Best hour of television in years.

having finished the 10 episodes, wow.

They did it. Managed to adapt that, to this level of excellence.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I had the same thought. The finale didn't completely work for me, but I really don't know what else he's going to explore in another season. Even with it not landing at the end, I will absolutely watch a second season. The journey was way more interesting than the destination but it was a great journey.
                  It absolutely landed in the ending.

Basically, it was Fielder approaching the idea of can you ever change perception.

1) Testing on a random stranger
                  2) Creating a controlled environment to test on random strangers
                  3) Crafting a random stranger into an environment of his choosing and seeing if he could make them achieve his goal
                  4) Involving himself in the environment.
                  5) Seeing if he can extended himself outward with more strangers as stand-ins, while staying in the environment
                  6) The consequences of doing all of this long term.

Hell, it was super smart taking a kid like Remy and showing what this kind of stuff does on people being used as pawns in this setup. While the psycho Christian lady never missed an opportunity to manipulate the situation and all of the scene partners (Adams) did their work on cue, what would it do to a little kid that wants the fantasy to be real?

The whole show doesn't work without the finale.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

I said exactly that. Best hour of television in years.

having finished the 10 episodes, wow.

They did it. Managed to adapt that, to this level of excellence.
                    the 11th bonus episode is excellent as well.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I gave up on this show years ago BUT I'll be damned if this doesn't look halfway decent and I like a bunch of people in it. IRONSIDE!

If it's like the spinoff American Horror Stories then bring it. One-off episodes are the way to go. They ruined the original show by dragging it out so goddamn long and Fear the Walking Dead was just plain bad.

Comment

• Color me intruiged.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The latest episode of WWDITS is pure genius. I won't spoil it for you but it's...unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            The latest episode of WWDITS is pure genius. I won't spoil it for you but it's...unique.
                            It was a goddamn joy. The surprise return/cameo at the end. Perfection.

Comment

• Really dug ep 7 (I think?) of The Sandman with Jed and Rose. The stuff with Jed is heartbreaking but I kind of dug what was happening with him as "The Sandman".

Comment

• finished ONLY MURDERS S2 last night. Good fun!
                                I'm curious as to how S3 is going to go considering how it ended, though. I'll avoid spoilers but I'm curious how they'll keep the IN THE BUILDING aspect going.

Comment

Working...
                                X