What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

The last 2 episodes of Hill house were so terrible I’ll skip Flanagan shit from then on.
    Interesting! No issues with any episodes of HILL HOUSE here.

We started THE HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR tonight. Good but more mellow than the other two.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

The last 2 episodes of Hill house were so terrible I’ll skip Flanagan shit from then on.
      Eh that's not fair. If you skip Flanagan then you're missing out on Doctor Sleep which is the best thing he's ever done. And I agree with you. Hill sucks. Bly sucked. And Midnight Mass is still in the air as I haven't finished it yet,.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

Interesting! No issues with any episodes of HILL HOUSE here.
        The bullshit happy ending was not earned and in my opinion ruined the rest of the show. But everything up to the Bent Neck Lady episode was golden.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• and of course Emilio Estevez is an anti-vaxxer and is now off season 2 of the Mighty Ducks show. Bummer. I actually enjoyed that show and he was pretty good in it.

Bring in Josh Jackson as Charlie now dammit. I NEED MAH DON'T BOTHERS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

The bullshit happy ending was not earned and in my opinion ruined the rest of the show. But everything up to the Bent Neck Lady episode was golden.
            THIS

Yeah, I’ll check Dr. Sleep then.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

THIS

Yeah, I’ll check Dr. Sleep then.
              Do the Director's Cut only for Doctor Sleep.

Comment

• Since I have to wait now for new episodes of Dopesick (seriously you guys, watch this shit right now..so good) we decided to start Invasion on Apple TV. 2 episodes in and I'm not quite sure what to think yet. It's a hell of a slow burn and in both episodes so far they hit you with a "OH YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS IMPORTANT? NAH SON" moments that caught us both off guard. Still on board as I want to see what type of shit we're dealing with here.

Comment

• Have one episode left of Ted Lasso and I fucking knew that
                    Spoiler: spoilers 
                  Nate was gonna be a giant bitch
                  . Surprised at how much I dug this show considering I haven't been happy in like 2 years. For at least 30 mins I feel ok when I watch it.

Comment

• Finished my Shield rewatch last night. It was interesting doing a binge watch, because week to week watching when it came out meant I had no idea where the Shane conclusion was headed since I fucking forget everything the minute an episode of TV ends. Sarah was watching it for the first time and she called how Shane was going out like 4 episodes ahead of time, and yeah, they telegraph that shit big time. It is still incredibly fucked up and shocking. I totally forgot how Robbie got absolutely FUCKED by Vic. Vic's ending is really fucking satisfying as well. Him crying in his cubicle then putting his gun in his belt and faking a big mean mug to go out into the streets. So good. I like that Julian being gay was just...ignored for like 3 seasons and we get one shot of him sad and watching a happy gay couple walking down the street. Dutch is the fucking man, but in the back of my mind it's like DONT FORGET DARK DUTCH EXISTS. Billings is a fucking icon. Dude is a sexist racist piece of shit, but he fucking GETS IT when it comes to work and effort and reward. Truly a multi-generational icon in regards to fuck your job.

But yeah overall. It extremely holds up. I love how they blend in the crime of the week shit with the overall story. Having beat cops makes it way easier to do, and also tying the weekly crime into a bigger investigation makes it way less Law and Order. If you haven't watched The Shield since it was new I would definitely say you'd enjoy revisiting it.

Comment

• And then you remember that the actor who played Julian fucking killed his wife and is in jail for the next 40 years. Dutch was a bitch, and you're right. That dude is dark as fuck and I wouldn't trust him at all. Always made me laugh how much Hocken liked him. Felt right.

Fucking Billings man....you're right in regards to his work attitude. Fuck you, pay me. Still such a great show. I wish I could go back and play that shitty PS2 game now. I bet I'd have a super fun time with that nonsense.

Comment

• DUUUUUUUDE we were reading the trivia and saw the shit about Julian. I had no fucking clue. SUPER FUCKED.

I honestly wonder if Dutch has bodies. He always has these women around him, and he has this weird gravity that doesn't make sense. And then he makes that comment in his last scene about "50% of serial killers in the world spend time in Socal" and you're like DUTCH KILLS. Yet he has such a moral high ground on so many issues. COVER UP!?

Comment

• Total serial killer vibes from Dutch the whole time. Dexter style.

Comment

• been re-watching Ash v Evil Dead off and on the last few months in between projects at work. This is still one of the best scenes in the history of Evil Dead. Def NSFW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Go back and rewatch that ending Rob and notice the colors. Seems to be quite a bit of Red, just like the Red room right? I think it's kind of implied that they never actually left the room. In fact I read somewhere that originally that the background was an almost exact match for the set up as the red room.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally that was the case, but that's not what we got thanks to the director....

Spoiler: ending of hill house spoilers 

"Hollywood Reporter: - Let’s talk about the very end of the season. While the family members still alive come together to celebrate Luke’s (Oliver Jackson-Cohen) sobriety, we get a monologue from Steven about how fear and love are the same types of emotion. They’re like siblings, both involving the relinquishment of logic and patterns. Why did you choose to end the Crain story this way?

MF - A lot of it is a shared experience we all connected with in the room. It’s really hard to resolve horror; it’s hard to end stories like this. We had been through so much in the course of writing it. Each of us had dug so deep into our own families and stories to try to inform the show that we all craved a moment of peace at the end.

We toyed with the idea for a little while that over that monologue, over the image of the family together, we would put the Red Room window in the background. For a while, that was the plan. Maybe they never really got out of that room. The night before it came time to shoot it, I sat up in bed, and I felt guilty about it. I felt like it was cruel. That surprised me. I’d come to love the characters so much that I wanted them to be happy. I came in to work and said, “I don’t want to put the window up. I think it’s mean and unfair.” Once that gear had kicked in, I wanted to lean as far in that direction as possible. We’ve been on this journey for 10 hours; a few minutes of hope was important to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X