No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season of What We Do In The Shadows is fucking ON POINT. God this show is amazing.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Just hit the Season 5 finale of Sopranos. Sarah really thought things were going to be ok for Adrianna.

Comment

• Got sucked into Penny Dreadful: City of Angels on Showtime. The acting is terrific from all involved, though Nathan Lane and Natalie Dormer are killing it on the show. Dormer especially - as a shape shifting demon, she's manipulating characters and events that would give a Bond villain a run for their money. She's clearly having fun with this role.

It's another slow burn of a show, plays out more like a crime drama than a pure horror series (see the first season of True Detective to get what I mean), but the horror elements do pop up here and there. Definitely worth a watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Just hit the Season 5 finale of Sopranos. Sarah really thought things were going to be ok for Adrianna.
          HAAAAAAAAAAAAA that's funny. Adrianna was on the slow road to wacksville for quite a bit.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Once Christopher found out, it was only a matter of time that Tony would know. That moment when Silvio showed up, I literally said "there she goes."

I did like that her nightclub, The Crazy Horse, was located where I went to college (Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ), even though the actual shooting location was in Newark. When I was in college that whole area was mobbed up - the houses were spectacular, the connected kids got new cars every time they filled up the ashtrays in their previous rides, "civilians" got quick rundowns over who was safe to date and buddy up with, and gold chains and high hair were everywhere.

Comment

• Into the second half of the final season now. Just watched the Christmas mid-season finale. Which is weird to think back on, because there's like another 2 year gap between the half seasons right? This re-watch has reminded me how much shorter Sopranos is than it felt watching it live, and even watching again a few years ago. Characters that felt minor (Jackie Jr, Richie, Cousin Tony, etc) have big long arcs that are only about a dozen episodes MAX, but when the series is under 90 episodes, their shadow looms so far.

Comment

• Orphan Black has me by the balls, and I'm liking it.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Tried Space Force. Not sure what I think so far. I did laugh a few times but it's odd.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I watched the first episode and only laughed at Fred Willard (RIP) and the musical break Carell needed.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Orphan Black has me by the balls, and I'm liking it.
                    I thought it got a little too wonky and conspiracy-minded in the last season or so but it ended well. Allison can Get. It.

Comment

• I'm only in season 2 so I'll see how it lands with me. And yes Allison is NOOOICE. I've been watching the 4k version that Prime has and maaaan the wigs are NOT the best in that resolution. Like you can see on Rachel's wig the piece holding it on. I won't hold that against them but it's jarring at times.

Comment

• Ad Astra was sooo much better than I expected. It has an odd aesthetic where it looks like a high budget version of a low budget 70's astronaut movie but I mean that in the best way possible. And Pitt is really good in it. Fair notice IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE.

Comment

• What We Do In The Shadows fucking OWNS. The finale was fucking hilarious. Goddamn do I love Guillermo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            What We Do In The Shadows fucking OWNS. The finale was fucking hilarious. Goddamn do I love Guillermo.
                            Guillermo Biermo.

S1 was ok but S2 was virtually flawless. Just a great season.

Gotta wonder where S3 is going to go now that Guillermo has pretty much killed all of the other vampires in New York and the main cast knows his secret.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Fucking Colin acting like the dry cleaners was super dangerous was hilarious.

Comment

• Well yeah, Colin has been the highlight of the season. They're smart not to overuse him, though the one episode that was essentially him getting a huge head may have been the funniest episode of the show.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X