What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunting of Hill House

I think this is the scariest thing I've ever watched. Some episodes are uneven (thinking the Luke spotlight episode and the finale) but it creates and incredible sense of dread. All the hidden ghosts in the background are outstanding, and apparently there's 8-10 per episode...but I think we saw like 7 total. Episode 8 has one of the most incredible scares I've ever experienced. Like, made me scream and keep screaming for like 20 seconds and made all the muscles in my body tense up and stomach hurt. It just fucking got right to the core of me. So good.

Comment

• it's not bad but I don't know why you think it's the scariest thing ever? It's a well made ghost show but so far hasn't done anything new with the scares. That being said I'm only on episode 5. I didn't know about the hidden ghost thing, so maybe I'll start looking for those.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think episode 5 is the real turning point. Up to that point it's a pretty good haunted house story. Episode 6 shit turns up big time. I don't love the finale though. But the run from 6-9 is incredible. As for why I think it's the scariest thing, the fucked up nature of the family, the multiple psychological disorders that everyone suffers, how they turn on each other...all that shit stuck to me hard. It made all the ghost shit hit much harder.

Ultimately I think it comes down to one single scare that made the jump to the thing that's been the scariest show/movie for me.

Comment

• So far the scariest thing is Henry Thomas and his shitty contact lenses
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The Bent Neck Lady episode was great even if Lesley and I called that shit in like episode 2. That being said, super effective and it was sold so well.

"no no no no no no no no no no no no no no"

Comment

• also, thank you for telling us about the hidden ghosts in each episode. Made it more fun to watch. We were finding like 5-6 in each one so far. Love it.

Comment

• I love what the show tries to do, but I fucking hate the execution.

Much like a character in Halloween, but I'll leave that spoiler alone.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  I love what the show tries to do, but I fucking hate the execution.

The finale really screws the pooch in everything they do for the 9 hours before it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    also, thank you for telling us about the hidden ghosts in each episode. Made it more fun to watch. We were finding like 5-6 in each one so far. Love it.

Sarah and I are already excited to watch it again next Halloween and focus on finding more ghosts.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      The finale really screws the pooch in everything they do for the 9 hours before it.
                      That finale was fucking BALLS. So goddamn dumb. The first 5 episodes are great. Peaked at Bent Neck Lady. Should have ended with that. Everything after was a disappointment. Also, that old age makeup on the Dudley's was some TERRIBLE SHIT.

Between this and Castle Rock, horror shows just can't seem to stick the landing lately.

Here's hoping AHS doesn't fuck it up as well.

Comment

• Weird. Hill House didn't even get its hooks in me until episode 5 and the run until episode 9 worked perfectly on me.

The fact the ending is
                          Spoiler: spoilers 
                        "hey the evil house is so fucking evil, but if we all die here we can be evil together!"
                        is so fucking dumb.

Comment

•   Spoiler: spoil 
                          and the Dudley's being all good with what happened was also very fucking dumb.

ugh. Just dumb. However, I did enjoy how they kept showing different viewpoints of scenes we already saw especially with the dad/son running away from "the ghost" in the first episode only to see what they were actually running away from. I kind of loved that.

Comment

• I'm hoping this season's Channel Zero can make up for this disappointment.

Comment

• The first episode of The Connors wasn't too bad. I mean, it's fucking wierd that Roseanne is out of the picture but that being said, without her shitty timing of the jokes (seriously, when this came back her timing was terrible) it works much better. Also Jackie had a great scene that made me a tad sad. Still not sure that we need this show, but I'm glad that not everyone involved was fucked after her bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                The first episode of The Connors wasn't too bad. I mean, it's fucking wierd that Roseanne is out of the picture but that being said, without her shitty timing of the jokes (seriously, when this came back her timing was terrible) it works much better. Also Jackie had a great scene that made me a tad sad. Still not sure that we need this show, but I'm glad that not everyone involved was fucked after her bullshit.

I loved how the Right Wingers were slamming the show's ratings upon return. They aren't what they were, but it's still a Top 10 show based on what ratings are now.

Any network would kill for that share.

I am hoping Mary Steenburgen sticks around. I am loving her current second wind.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X