No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile I started The Crown with the wife and I don't know how long I can keep this up.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• And I know I'm late on that opinion, but Altered Carbon was nearly flawless. I kinda like what they did with Vidaura and Falconer, versus the book.

Easier storytelling.

Comment

• Still need to see ALTERED CARBON. I've got so many things to watch before I get to it that it's ridiculous, though. Hell, we're still on S1 of THE AMERICANS.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Altered Carbon is weird. I was super into it for the first 3 episodes and then I just never finished it nor do I feel the need to.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            And I know I'm late on that opinion, but Altered Carbon was nearly flawless. I kinda like what they did with Vidaura and Falconer, versus the book.

Easier storytelling.
            So many people had issues with it that I just don't understand. I thought it slowed down considerably in the back half but I still really liked it.

Comment

• Issues with what? The non existent white washing?

Yeah, it slowed down, like the novel, but it was a slow buildup to develop Kovac and Rei's background as well as the same momentum used in the Noir trope.

Comment

• The white washing shit was such a non issue. People just like being outraged.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  The white washing shit was such a non issue. People just like being outraged.
                  Welcome to the internetz.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Issues with what? The non existent white washing?

Yeah, it slowed down, like the novel, but it was a slow buildup to develop Kovac and Rei's background as well as the same momentum used in the Noir trope.
                    I just saw a lot of comments about it just being poorly written and acted, which I didn't see at all.

Comment

• Yeah same, I think I just need to be in the right headspace to watch it. It's not what one would call "light and breezy".

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        I just saw a lot of comments about it just being poorly written and acted, which I didn't see at all.
                        Bullshit. Kinnaman is ok,. but the rest is solid.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Yeah same, I think I just need to be in the right headspace to watch it. It's not what one would call "light and breezy".
                        Yeah. It's dense. But so rewarding.

Poe was the shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          So Martin's line in the sand is Roseanne?

hahahah
                          I too laugh at this. But we all have our hills to die on.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finished the second season of Santa Clarita Diet last night. It's way better than the first season. The set-up for the third season, if there is one, is great.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vGgUoIexVE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Second season of Atlanta is still so fucking good so far.
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                                <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vGgUoIexVE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Second season of Atlanta is still so fucking good so far.
                                I never identified as much with a person as Paper Boi and his total exhaustion.

Comment

Working...
                                X