No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean, the entire first season is a setup, and like a real investigation, shit really happens at the end. While some may think it gets sidetracked in season 2 with the dock storyline, (I didn't), it really go full force in season 3, and achieves perfection with season 4.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
      I can't give him any shit as I feel the same way about Game of Thrones at the moment.
      Game of Thrones seson 1 also sets shit up in the first 5-6 episodes. Once they are setup, the real action starts unfolding. But as much as GoT is brilliant, it's nothing compared to The Wire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I mean, the entire first season is a setup, and like a real investigation, shit really happens at the end. While some may think it gets sidetracked in season 2 with the dock storyline, (I didn't), it really go full force in season 3, and achieves perfection with season 4.
        Season 2 pretty much killed my enthusiasm the first time around and it was tough to get through it to be honest. I didn't give a shit about any of the new characters.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Game of Thrones seson 1 also sets shit up in the first 5-6 episodes. Once they are setup, the real action starts unfolding. But as much as GoT is brilliant, it's nothing compared to The Wire.

I think this is my problem with the show. 6 hours of set up. They tease you with awesomeness in the first 15 mins and then it becomes a political power struggle between families without any awesomeness that the show started with, at least yet. That being said, giving episode 4 a chance this week.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I can't give him any shit as I feel the same way about Game of Thrones at the moment.
            Not sure what nugget of "wisdom" Martin dropped but I'll say this, I've watched every cop drama that's been put out other than the wire and I've been doing so in HD so to go back to 4:3 and a show that's 10 years old? It's age shows. Of course that's from the first two eps but whatever, it didn't fucking wow me in those two. I'll go back and watch a couple more since Omar is supposed to be a big deal to the show. I dig several of the actors involved so I don't feel like it's torture to give it a couple more eps.

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
            I think this is my problem with the show. 6 hours of set up. They tease you with awesomeness in the first 15 mins and then it becomes a political power struggle between families I don't give a shit about. That being said, giving episode 4 a chance this week.
            Yeah, a lot of the first part of the season is set up and plus it being a fantasy type setting probably does itself no favors for you either. Sometimes a show just isn't for every body, but that's probably not aggroYOUMUSTAGREEWITHME enough for some folks.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Season 2 pretty much killed my enthusiasm the first time around and it was tough to get through it to be honest. I didn't give a shit about any of the new characters.
              I kinda agree, but they all dissapear after.

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
              I think this is my problem with the show. 6 hours of set up. They tease you with awesomeness in the first 15 mins and then it becomes a political power struggle between families without any awesomeness that the show started with, at least yet. That being said, giving episode 4 a chance this week.
              Rob, trust me, finish season 1. If you don't like it, don't bother with season 2. But you really have to see it all. Episode 9 will drop your jaw. As for politics, remember it's a mainly a medieval show tih fantasy in it. And the longer it goes, the more there's magic in it.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                Yeah, a lot of the first part of the season is set up and plus it being a fantasy type setting probably does itself no favors for you either. Sometimes a show just isn't for every body, but that's probably not aggroYOUMUSTAGREEWITHME enough for some folks.
                Heard that. I kind of dig the political power struggles Rob alludes to in shows like this. Probably explains why I did The Borgias and Magic City, to an extent. Both of those shows are slow burns, with much less action than GoT, but it is fascinating watching folks with power getting corrupted and all the intricate games being played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  Heard that. I kind of dig the political power struggles Rob alludes to in shows like this. Probably explains why I did The Borgias and Magic City, to an extent. Both of those shows are slow burns, with much less action than GoT, but it is fascinating watching folks with power getting corrupted and all the intricate games being played.
                  Yeah, once I got a better feel for characters like Varys and Littlefinger and you see the depths of which the "game" is played I was intrigued. It's the reason I've read the books. Granted there's more to it than that, but it's quite fun to see the political machinations play out.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• And thing is: it's not about "everyone has to agree with all our taste". Some bodies of wrk jsut aren't for everyone. For me, I tend to listen to an entire album before flushing it. Some may just listen to one song, but unless it's really garbage, I'll try to listen to it all, hence my advice to Rob.

Comment

• I checked out an ep of The Killing last night since I couldn't sleep and it was that or info-mercials and having not seen one ep this season I did not feel like I missed anything. I think it was episode 7 or so, so glad I dumped that one.

Comment

• Fuck that show.

Comment

• Yep. Literally it felt like I hadn't missed an ep when I think I'd missed like 6 or more. That's not a good thing I don't believe. And nothing in this episode convinced me I needed to come back. At least the silliness on The Walking Dead brings the lulz.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ssDICRX_rK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't wait for this show to come back.

Comment

• Almost done with the first season of The Wire. Forgot how great it is. Watching 2-3 episodes a night. Really fucking dreading the second season. I hope it's not as boring as I remember it. Also forgot how much I like Wallace and D's interactions.

Comment

Calling The Wire "meh" is like calling oxygen "overated".

Depends on the season. The Wire gets so much overblown praise from people that tend to overlook the fact that the show was amazingly uneven. That's not to shit on the fourth season which might be the best look at crime on television.

However, those first two years were schizo. It wasn't until Season 3 that they found stability. Season 5 was nothing but pay off and the journo story.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X