No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so our Netflix got all screwy last night. We watched episode 7 of Stranger Things S2 (the bottle episode so to speak) and then Episode 8. The first 15 mins of episode 8 were confusing the fuck out of us but we assumed it was one of those episodes that show the characters in peril or whatever only to flash back and spend the rest of the episode showing what lead to that.

Nope. Apparently Netflix thought we watched episode 6 (red status bar and everything) and we missed a ton. Kind of annoying.

That being said, I don't know why the internet hates episode 7. I thought that shit was awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I lost the inertia to want to finish around episode 5.

The punk crew from episode one was hilarious to see. It was like Hackers came to the 80s to do jack shit.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-01-2017, 07:58 AM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The punk crew is all episode 7 and I love them so much. It's like a shitty X-Men.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• We're 2/3 of the way through S2 of STRANGER THINGS. It got off to a slowish start but it's been effing great over the last 3 episodes or so. I think we're gonna do episodes 7-9 tonight and finish it off.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Episode 7 was basically a backdoor pilot to a show I don't care about... and kills the momentum to the finale.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              Episode 7 was basically a backdoor pilot to a show I don't care about... and kills the momentum to the finale.
              But it fits the 80s motif and reinforced Eleven's increased power range. Plus, fuck you! We got the Snow Ball.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I WANT THIS OFFSHOOT SHOW MORE THAN I WANTED MORE OF STRANGER THINGS. I actually dig 008.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  But it fits the 80s motif and reinforced Eleven's increased power range. Plus, fuck you! We got the Snow Ball.
                  Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I WANT THIS OFFSHOOT SHOW MORE THAN I WANTED MORE OF STRANGER THINGS. I actually dig 008.
                  It fits into the 80s motif... just not the motif of the show itself. The tone, the look, etc. didn't match anything from the rest of the series. I thought Eight's existence took away from Eleven/Jane's novelty myself.

Not bad. Just I'm watching Stranger Things, so give me Goddamn Stranger Things. A very strong season, just not as much as the original and... I don't know how much more gas they have left creatively.

Would love for them to quit while they're ahead and cut it off after next year. But I know how retarded it is to think that.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• So they totally fucked up with the order of the episodes. Since our netflix got jacked and showed us episode 7 before 6, it made the flow of the show MUCH BETTER.

I see why Jamie thought the punk episode fucked up the flow because had we watched these in the proper order, I would have thought so too. Buttttt since we saw the punk episode and then watched episode 6 and then 8, it worked much better.

Comment

• I think it would have been better to show episode 7 AFTER episode 8 even though it would've pissed everyone off even more. I thought the Chicago trip was an interesting diversion that provided some good backstory and upgrades to Eleven.

I think I might like this season even more than the first. Only two things bothered me- why did Dustin think it was a good idea to keep Dart once they realized where he came from? And why did they cast a dude who looks like he's 45 to play Max's highschool-age step-brother?

Comment

• Finished Mindhunter this weekend. Dug it, but like other's mentioned here, not a fan of the ending shot. The stuff with Speck was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          It fits into the 80s motif... just not the motif of the show itself. The tone, the look, etc. didn't match anything from the rest of the series. I thought Eight's existence took away from Eleven/Jane's novelty myself.

Not bad. Just I'm watching Stranger Things, so give me Goddamn Stranger Things. A very strong season, just not as much as the original and... I don't know how much more gas they have left creatively.

Would love for them to quit while they're ahead and cut it off after next year. But I know how retarded it is to think that.

When a character is named Eleven, novelty doesn't play into it. It means Modine botched the job 10 times before.

That being said, when the King revamp movies really start hitting...so many of these young kids are going to say it ripped ST.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I still am of the mindset that while I enjoyed Season 2, I'd still much rather have a whole new season with one of the other kids like 008. The punk episode was still one of the best of this season.

Comment

• Finished season 2 of Stranger Things finally.

Dug the punk episode. I can see why people didn't like it, mostly because it seems to take the characters out of the story...but in reality this whole season felt that way. It felt like characters were left out of a lot of important story lines, and so many people had their own thing going or got paired off with different people that the punk episode felt pretty natural to me.

Steve is the one true hero of Hawkins, Indiana. Nancy's mom wanting to fuck Billy was hilarious and creepy. I want to know way more about what exactly Max did to force the move and why Billy hates her because it has to go beyond her just being the step-sister.

Comment

• Billy is the fucking best haha.

Started watching The Good Place on Grave's recommendation. Dig it so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X