Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    Miami Vice.
    When I was like 5 or 6 I had the Don Johnson white suit, pastel shirt, and moccasins as my Easter suit. Wish I could find the picture.

Comment

• That's awesome.

The show so far has a few signs of age beyond the obvious aspects, namely the dramatic moments being seen and used so often (hell it starts with someone shouting "NOOOOOOOOOO!" before their buddy gets car bombed to kingdom come) by the time I see it, the enjoyment at times can be in reveling in kitsch.

Tubbs sending off that island number while Tina Turner belts "What's Love Got to do With It?" sent me into hysterics. The hilarity was equal parts overly appropriate song choice and my amazement at the licensing of everything under the sun to play over the show.

But there are still choices that keep it from dipping into schlock watching, and allow for a lot of ruminating on the story as it unfolds, especially for Tubbs. Sound dips out for the music to wash over the moment and there's a magic to that which is rare.

As with True Detective, the main appeal for me is the development of Tubbs and Crockett as characters. While there is the baseline of "undercover badassery occurs" to be roped into, the clash between Tubbs and Crockett, Tubbs' drive for vengeance, and Crockett's moral ambiguity are the best parts so far.

Other thoughts:

I believe Philip Michael Thomas came from the "shouting is acting" school.

The opening montage has inspired me to rename the show Titties n' Jai Alai.

Crockett will never find the cold blooded bastard who cut the sleeves off of all his shirts.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-12-2014, 11:26 AM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Titties n' Jai Alai sounds great.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I second that.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Third
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Somebody kickstart this bitch!!!
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• gotdamn Fish's new assistant is fucking SMOKING HOT in Gotham. Also digging what they're doing with Cobblepot. That actor is killing it.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Powers looks tight.

Comment

• I can't deal with the fucked up clown on the new season of American Horror Story. What the hell, man?

Totally forgot to set the DVR for The Flash tonight. I hope the CW posts new eps online.

Comment

• The Flash is actually really decent. Last night's episode was pretty sweet. Plus, BILL SADLER.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        I can't deal with the fucked up clown on the new season of American Horror Story. What the hell, man?
                        I can't wait until he removes his mouth piece and it's all Grudge like down there. No jaw, tongue dangling, awww yeahhh

Comment

• also, those sounds when he was stabbing the guy? jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            I can't wait until he removes his mouth piece and it's all Grudge like down there. No jaw, tongue dangling, awww yeahhh
                            NOOOOOOooooo

Comment

• Watched The Flash Ep 1 on On Demand (fuckers charged for it) with my son. He loved it. I think it does look pretty cool. Gonna have to DVR this series and save $$.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• it's actually not bad so far. The second episode pulls a Matrix Reloaded and it ends up looking much cooler than in the actual Matrix movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X