Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Will do.

Third episode of The Leftovers was legit. Ecceleston is great.
    Watching that in a bit. So far loving it.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finally started Orphan Black. Holy shit, great job spoiling the big reveal immediately following the first fucking episode Amazon.

Comment

• Haha, yeah. Anyone who wanted to go into the show knowing only that it's a tv show called Orphan Black would probably be pissed by that.

Comment

• First hour of The Strain isn't bad. I didn't get to finish the episode but I like it so far. Really want to see a shot of the monster thing without the flowing cloak, just to figure out what is going on with mutation or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Finally started Orphan Black. Holy shit, great job spoiling the big reveal immediately following the first fucking episode Amazon.
            Big reveal?

Nope. Keep going. The best is Tatiana. She will melt your mind.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Finished up BLACK SAILS last night.

Overall, we liked it. It took a while to get going, but it kicked into gear nicely with episode 5 with a pretty damned awesome sea battle that really fulfilled the promise of the commercials. The final episode had another sea battle that wasn't as long BUT was doubly awesome because of this:

We're on board for Season 2.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Strain pilot. Beware bile and dissatisfaction ahead.

So many cliches I lost count. "Horror" scenes were all incredibly corny and built up in such a way as to telegraph everything that went on. Indulgent and unnecessary gore for no sake but to show it, same with the creature effects (oh, it's the Blade 2 vampire feeding mechanism...again), lazy character building, and just really bad acting.

It all just smacks of laziness. Then there's the uneven storytelling (the editing in this is jarring at best), with the jumping back and forth not only in setting but in tone that does nothing save to annoy and bewilder.

Also, the secret eeeeeeevil elite thing is fucking tired.

The lone bright spot was Filch being an old tough (who in reality would break a hip if a stiff wind went past).

I'll stick around for round 2 just to see if they went back and ironed out some of these issues, but it's going to have to really break free of these old ass ideas that del Taco hasn't really grown out of in the last ten fucking years.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It got terrible reviews so we skipped it. Your review makes me feel good about that decision.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I really wanted to like too, but it just kept throwing poop at my wall.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked it but, yeah, those are all valid complaints. Filch is easily the best part so I assume he dies within the first three episodes.

Lots of logic jumps, too, that I hope get explained soon.

Comment

• I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds just like the books. Which is to say, poop.

Comment

• Poop - I DVR'ed it to watch this weekend. Should I blow it off, then?

Comment

• Reading a good book or watching something else is my recommendation at present.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watch BLACK SAILS instead.

You'll like Blackbeard in the first episode, trust me.

Comment

• Already watched Black Sails, and I agree, Matt. It's the goods, but definitely a slow burn. Dat Anne Bonny though - yowza.

Blew off The Strain on my DVR. Wasn't too worked up about it from the commercials, so no great loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X