No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC tweaked Agents of SHIELD ahead of tonight's reairing at 8pm EST.

Supposedly, they added a post credits scene.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Was the show worth watching? I was planning to watch it on Tuesday and just felt meh about it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Was the show worth watching? I was planning to watch it on Tuesday and just felt meh about it.

It was a lackluster pilot. However, Marvel paid and credited the creators whose ideas they used. It toned down most of the Whedonisms. Plus, you got to meet the Brit/Scot Wonder Twins.

The show will be getting into science and tech based villains in the next month, so the pilot shouldn't discourage people.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I really enjoyed it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I thought it was just okay. They could've toned down the Whedonisms even more but I'll give it a few more episodes because I like Agent Coulson a lot. The main dude agent is a charisma vacuum, though.

Comment

• He was the only guy I didn't like. But I did love the interrogation scene.

I also don't seem to have any issues with "whedonisms" and I'm not even sure what that means to be honest except for his love of tiny women that kick ass.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm okay with tiny women who kick ass, I'm not okay with dialogue that feels like it's trying way to hard to be cute or clever. Or at least when everyone is doing it. Whitford and Jenkins get a pass in CABIN IN THE WOODS.

Comment

• The only person I like on it is Clark Gregg. I am watching just for him right now. The Whedon dialog is fucking awful. I hate all the casting. More than a couple eye rolling moments. But everyone says the pilot was pretty shit, and it gets better. Here's hoping, but pretty sure if they try to capture the "Whedon flavor" I will be done in a few episodes.

Comment

• I enjoyed the pilot, but I agree - some recasting/revamping of the agents are needed. Gregg was great, I'd also love it if Smulders stayed on the show after HIMYM wraps up. There's potential with Ming-Na Wen and the twin scientists. I agree with Rob and Grave - they can 100% lose Main Dude Agent Guy, maybe replace him with a superpowered agent (it IS the Marvel Universe after all; shit, get the guy with the Extremis on the team! He needs a job, right?).

Also, SHIELD flying car = win.

Comment

• I really liked it.

Also loved that the Coulson's survival is still a mystery, even to him.

"Tahiti. He really doesn't know, does he?"

"He can never know"

Loved Lola.

I get the feeling Smulder will be on full time when HIMYM is over. And that line alone killed:

“I don't think Thor is technically a god.”

“Well, then you haven't been near his arms.”
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• yay, someone who shares the same opinion as me!

Comment

• Also LOVED that Shepard Book is the SHIELD doctor.

Comment

• What I know thus far.

Spoiler: sPOILERS 

They've retooled a lot of where the main season is going between the pilot and now.

The Enclave, Extremis, AIM and Hydra should be coming up as the majors.

Villains to expect: Graviton (confirmed and scheduled for Episode 3), The Hate Monger (rumored), Fenris (rumored, but apparent costume designs have been seen) and Yellow Claw (really curious to see how this works out).

Comment

• Yeaaaaaaah.

Breaking Amish looks like a shit show, but why does all them Amish look like they directly decend from Sloth Fratelli?

Comment

• Inbreeding?
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X