No announcement yet.

Troo Blerd: WAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh shit, I used to watch Kindred: The Embraced with my dad. From what I remember, it was a pretty good show about the politics involving vampire families in San Francisco.

It was going alright, up until the lead actor got himself killed in a motorcycle crash.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

So Rob, you should know by now this show is fucking beyond dumb.

Even thinking of it as anything beyond divine trash, with any redeeming factor beside the sad neckbeard dream of seeing redhead vampire nudity sometime in the future, is hopeless.

At least watch season 3. At least stay for the weather report. After that, you can go.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        The first season is COMPLETE shit. You really don't need it. Season 2 and 3 are good, season 3 has, as Martin says, a fucking AMAZING villain. A real goddamn vampire that isn't afraid to show it.

Bill/Tara/SOOOOOOOOOOOOKEEEEEEEEEEH are fucking horrible.

Eric/Lafeyette are AMAZING. If not for these two characters, this show would be unwatchable at this point.

RE: Anne Rice - I dug Interview because at least Louis was conflicted and fought with his nature, and Lestat wasn't afraid to be a fucking vampire. Even Louis let his nature get to him sometimes, but all the rest of her books got away from any interesting vampire shit and turned into shit romance novels. The Lestat novel was one of the biggest slogs ever, and I only made it half through before giving it up.

If True Blood wanted to remain interesting stop throwing in wolves/panthers/faieries/whateverthefuck and show us the other vampires. Like the Masquerade, give us the different vampire races. Where are the nosferatu that hide even if they want to be accepted? Where are the underground vampires that don't give a fuck about True Blood and want to continue being the predators they are? Fuck were-panthers, the show is True Blood not True Were-whateverthefuck, give us more vampire politics.

In summary - Awesome premise, totally fucked execution.
        Billy... you nailed it in one. The first two books by Rice are the only readable ones. I finished 'Queen Of The Damned'... then swore I would not read another. I'm proud to say that I have not to this very day.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Gotta agrree with Billy's assessment. Eric and Lafayette are great characters. Sookie, black shrill and Bill the shit vampire are poor characters.

Also, Billy, ever seen that Kindred: The embraced aka Vampire: the Masquarade: the show?
        I tried to enjoy this show. The first season was 'Huh?'... but I figured they'd step up their game for S2... and they did, mostly by having Michelle Forbes.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        Oh shit, I used to watch Kindred: The Embraced with my dad. From what I remember, it was a pretty good show about the politics involving vampire families in San Francisco.

It was going alright, up until the lead actor got himself killed in a motorcycle crash.
        Actually, that was a very good show that I had high hopes for.

Unfortunately, most of America did not.

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
        So Rob, you should know by now this show is fucking beyond dumb.

Even thinking of it as anything beyond divine trash, with any redeeming factor beside the sad neckbeard dream of seeing redhead vampire nudity sometime in the future, is hopeless.

At least watch season 3. At least stay for the weather report. After that, you can go.
        You are now officially my 'co-Oprah' with Nathan. Congratulations...

Comment

have not seen Kindred. TO NETFLIX!

Comment

ha.... it's allright I guess. The best actor in it, the Prince (beside the marvelous Brian Thompson), died...
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Second episode done. Eh. The random sex scenes are hilarious. It's like "OH NOES WE'VE GONE MORE THAN 10 MINS WITH OUT TITTIES". I enjoy Tara and Layfette so far.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I may give season 3 a shot, MAY.

Comment

Hocken, watch S3. I would encourage EVERYONE to watch only S3 even if you despise everything else about the show. One of the best villains ever. In any media.

Comment

I've queued the first disc of season 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X