Troo Blerd: WAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troo Blerd: WAT

Got the first season from my dad since Lesley wanted to watch it. I've watched random episodes and never got the love. We're gonna watch it and this is the thread for noob thoughts.

First episode thoughts? I don't get it. Im assuming the draw is tits and gore, right? Meh. Hopefully it gets better cause this episode wasn't all that great.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Hahahaha.

It's basically positing the question "What if post-Batmania Joel Schumacher made a show about southern gothic vampires?"

It is full-on camp bullshit and you gotta view it that way or you'll go insane.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I never understood the appeal of this show. Despite the massive following that applies, even with the tits and gore, I never could get into this show.

Also, I don't find Anna Paquin to be attractive as a blond.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

There a bunch of hairless dudes in the show, Ed. Why aren't you watching the hairless dudes?
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I could be way off base here, but I hate Anne Rice for making vampires "sexy". It may have been done before her (but thanks to her it's been downhill ever since), but goddammit the undead is not supposed to be sexy. It's supposed to be a goddamn curse. ugh.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Nothing can stem the tide of the sexy vampire.

Even if it was a subtext in the mythos for years beforehand. Now everyone has taken a sledgehammer to that and built a horrid beast from the remains.

If you're looking for curses, it ain't in the vampire community.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

It's just sad. Especially knowing that werewolves and fucking fairies and shit show up.

Comment

The first naked red head was hot but the Edward looking motherfucker that is obviously a main character is lulzworthy. Also wish that Anna would fix those fucking teeth. And go back brunette.

Comment

You are not drunk enough for this show.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Total soap opera crap mixed with vampires, werewolves, monsters, heavy gore and isn't a total Southern stereotype. No cousin fucking or Ned Beatty rape in sight.

So yes, I'm a fan.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                      You are not drunk enough for this show.
                      Troof.

I'll remedy that for episode 2. This show gets 3 episodes until I give up completely.

Comment

Pretty much sums up most of the first season for me:

Spoiler: Just in case - some quick nuderty at the end! 

Sort of got into it in seasons 2 and 3, but haven't pulled the trigger for the latest season yet.

Comment

I actually kinda skipped season 1. That black girl got nerve-gratting really fast.

Got back in the 2nd season cause the wife kept watching. Gets better, but it's really a "better drunk" TV show. Skaasgard (Eric) is by far the best actor in this shit. At least the rampant nudity helps a bit.

So far, the new season is meh. The villain of season 3 was kickass, but now, to add to the werewolf (and werewhatever), vampire and shapeshifters and faeries mix; WITCHES. I really want Sasquatch next.

My key to enjoy True Blood is that I always assume every character is a sex-addict with Down syndrome. That and the titties.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

The first season is COMPLETE shit. You really don't need it. Season 2 and 3 are good, season 3 has, as Martin says, a fucking AMAZING villain. A real goddamn vampire that isn't afraid to show it.

Bill/Tara/SOOOOOOOOOOOOKEEEEEEEEEEH are fucking horrible.

Eric/Lafeyette are AMAZING. If not for these two characters, this show would be unwatchable at this point.

RE: Anne Rice - I dug Interview because at least Louis was conflicted and fought with his nature, and Lestat wasn't afraid to be a fucking vampire. Even Louis let his nature get to him sometimes, but all the rest of her books got away from any interesting vampire shit and turned into shit romance novels. The Lestat novel was one of the biggest slogs ever, and I only made it half through before giving it up.

If True Blood wanted to remain interesting stop throwing in wolves/panthers/faieries/whateverthefuck and show us the other vampires. Like the Masquerade, give us the different vampire races. Where are the nosferatu that hide even if they want to be accepted? Where are the underground vampires that don't give a fuck about True Blood and want to continue being the predators they are? Fuck were-panthers, the show is True Blood not True Were-whateverthefuck, give us more vampire politics.

In summary - Awesome premise, totally fucked execution.

Comment

Gotta agrree with Billy's assessment. Eric and Lafayette are great characters. Sookie, black shrill and Bill the shit vampire are poor characters.

Also, Billy, ever seen that Kindred: The embraced aka Vampire: the Masquarade: the show?
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                              X