No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - Moree HBO awesomeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another strong episode. WITHOUT NUDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VALAR MORGHULIS! Jac'quen is so awesome.

Also, I found that Game of Thrones drinking gmae. Tough night, as Renly bites it early on. Was smashed due to Tyrion being Tyrion. At least I was sparred Joffrey, the crows and shit.

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• So fucking dumb having Tywin in the camp. Even people that have never read the books are saying "why the fuck didn't she have Tywin killed first?"

Comment

• Agree but that scene with Arya and Tywin was cool.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, it was a well done scene, but it just makes NO SENSE.

Comment

• Vagina demons don't make sense either.

I still enjoyed the latest episode. Echoing B's sentiment, the Arya/Tywin exchange was really good.

And the Faceless Man is awesome.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Vagina demons make all the sense. We've all encountered them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                So fucking dumb having Tywin in the camp. Even people that have never read the books are saying "why the fuck didn't she have Tywin killed first?"
                Because she's unaware of all the politics he's involved with. Sure, he's a Lannister, but he wasn't on the stage when the axe took her father, nor was he the one who killed the prisonners in Harrenhal.

So farm the girl playing Arya is phenomenal. Her chemistry with Gendry makes scenes that were a bore in the books being way better live. And those new scene, like Tywin in Harrenhal, or Littlefinger convincing Loras to get the fuck away, add some much depth. The best of those scenes so far being that small conversation between Robert and Cercei in S1. So much told in so few minutes.

Comment

• Martin, Tywin is the head of the family that opposes hers in every manner. The head of the family that had her father killed. The general leading an army to kill her brother. She knows all of this. At the BARE minimum, he is the number one target because he is the head of the Lannister army going against the north.

Comment

• She's a kid who's running for her life. And it's Joffrey and Cercei that killed her father.

So far, the immediate threat was the torturer, not the "evil" head of the family who did bring her inside the castle (though after that meeting she knows what's gonna happen, so we'll see how she deals with that), but her message to Tywin was clear cut: Anyone can die.

It's just that we see this through our eyes, not a 10 years old's mindset. Kids aren't the most rational people on the planet.

Comment

Martin, Tywin is the head of the family that opposes hers in every manner. The head of the family that had her father killed. The general leading an army to kill her brother. She knows all of this. At the BARE minimum, he is the number one target because he is the head of the Lannister army going against the north.
                      All of that's true but the book does point out that even though Tywin and she don't meet that she should have said his name first to the Bravosi whose name I don't recall. Basically I think the point I'm trying to make is that Arya is a bit impulsive and even though she does recognize Tywin's threat to her family she's more concerned with the immediate "threats."

Scene is still retarded as shit because it makes it obvious that she should say his name where as in the book he's out of sight out of mind thus making her choices seem more valid.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Martin, Tywin is the head of the family that opposes hers in every manner. The head of the family that had her father killed. The general leading an army to kill her brother. She knows all of this. At the BARE minimum, he is the number one target because he is the head of the Lannister army going against the north.
                        Maybe she's working up to it? Maybe testing the Faceless Man's legitimacy? "He could be full of shit, so I'll just give him this dude's name and see if it works."

Reaching? You bet it is, but it's the only real rationalization I can make regarding the immediacy of her dispatch of the order or lack thereof.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 3 episodes into the first season. Thoughts:

The beginning was awesome. Crazy creatures, fucked up rituals?, omgz decaps.

Then it slows wayy down. Lots of tits, incest, and kid killing. Really slow burn on this show. Watching the fourth episode tonight probably (as I've been told this helps pick it up) but I honestly don't give a shit about any character except for the little girl and her awesome sword teacher.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• By no means do I think the show sucks, but it's just sooooo slow. IT was made worse when we started The Wire again (as we never made it past season 2) and so much shit happens in every goddamn episode.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Trust me Rob; the first 5 episodes are setup. Shit hits the fan after and it becomes awesome.

As for this episode; still is great.

Love that they distilled 5 characters or so into Osha's storyline.
                                Spoiler:  
                              And that they deviated a bit by having the Warlocks steal the dragons

Arya and Tywin's scenes are so fucking great. But again Jaquen is the fucking MAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                                By no means do I think the show sucks, but it's just sooooo slow. IT was made worse when we started The Wire again (as we never made it past season 2) and so much shit happens in every goddamn episode.
                                I can kind of see the slow part. Don't read the books then. The first couple aren't to bad(IE SLOW) but after that he has full pages describing the fucking feasts. It's tiresome to read through the first time much less the fourth or fifth. And I say that really liking the books, reading the fifth book right now actually.

Let us know how you feel post ep 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X