West Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    I never followed the show but of the little I saw of it. I would have loved to seen more of John Goodman as President and Ed O'Neill as the new VP.
    The Goodman arc was great. In concept and had its strengths in execution.

Problem is it was rushed and they whipped out their deus ex machina after two episodes where it honestly could have been a full season (if not half) worth of narrative.

They should have fucked with the viewers and make them believe Bartlet wasn't coming back. Even change the opening credits to have Goodman in his place. Maybe that's just me though.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I remember hearing a few years back about Sorkin wanting to do a series on the beginnings of tv. And I mean beginnings as in the 1920s or 30s with Philo Farnsworth.

Now? I think he's just dealing with movies again. First with Social Network and this tell-all on John Edwards.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

They should have fucked with the viewers and make them believe Bartlet wasn't coming back. Even change the opening credits to have Goodman in his place. Maybe that's just me though.

That could've been awesome. Nobody makes bold moves like that anymore. If they ever did.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I remember hearing a few years back about Sorkin wanting to do a series on the beginnings of tv. And I mean beginnings as in the 1920s or 30s with Philo Farnsworth.
          Fuck me. Dawned on me what Sorkin should do to get back into television post-Studio 60. Drama set during the McCarthy era for AMC or HBO. Preferably the former so I won't have to wait till DVD.

Now? I think he's just dealing with movies again. First with Social Network and this tell-all on John Edwards.
          I guess that pilot about an Olbermann-type TV commenter is toast? Meh, less of that fucktard douche, the better.

The Edwards thing...I don't know. Have visions of non-comedic Primary Colors. Then again, I never read the book he's adapting it from. Thus I don't know the angle(s) they're doing. Surprised they haven't brought Sorkin aboard for that Jack Ryan reboot.
          Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-24-2011, 09:06 AM.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

I've read it and it's pretty trashy (SPOILER ALERT: Edwards is a scum bag).

You can get it at any local library.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

(SPOILER ALERT: Edwards is a scum bag).
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
              X