No announcement yet.

Hamsterdam (THE WIRE Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White guy also in line for major: I heard they gave you someone from pawnshop.

Daniels: Oh, Lester Freamon? A cuddly housecat. I don't think he can even find his gun.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Matt, you haven't met Prezbo yet, have you?

ETA: So fucking jealous of the first timer.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-10-2010, 05:15 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

http://store.hbo.com/?v=hbo_gift-fin...-him&spid=1133

Digging the street scene and the Omar shirt. If the Omar shirt removed the big ass picture, and was in another color than black I would be on it.

Comment

Digging the yeller on blek.

Thanks for the heads-up, Billy.

(And LOL at $192 for the series set. Almost got took.)

Already back up to ep.6 on season 1. Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back iiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-10-2010, 09:26 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Wanted to watch more of this last night, but we ran out of time (and energy). We talked about it over dinner, though.

I also went online to see how much seasons 2-5 will cost me...looks like I can pick them up for around $20 each, which is nice.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Welcome to the best series ever made, Matt. I blind-bought the first 3 seasons. I never made such a great move.

Now I'm gonna jump on Treme.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Can't wait for Treme to hit dvd.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Wow. Saw episodes 2-4 last night with the wife unit. THIS is pretty damned awesome. The wife unit has already authorized me to get the remaining seasons of this post-haste.

Thoughts:
                  - The acting, across the board, is top notch.
                  - The writing is fantastic and feels authentic. We laughed our asses off at the FUCK FUCK FUCK scene (when they revisit the crime scene at the end of S1E4).
                  - We met Omar. Wasn't expecting the gay angle on him, but it works.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

The FUCK scene is awesome.

Comment

Also based on real life
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Saw episodes 5 and 6 last night. Jesus, Avon and his crew really did a number on Brandon, didn't they?

Favorite character so far: Lester Freeman, the black detective who makes the model furniture. He steals every single scene that he's in. PLEASE tell me that he's a player in future seasons of the show.

Comment

Lester is the man. And don't worry, Lester could easily be considered the lead of the whole show.

Saw a quick sidebar interview with Idris Elba (Stringer Bell) in the new issue of Empire. Question - "Why did you do all of those horror films after coming off the The Wire?"
                          Answer - "I've got to eat! That's being 100% honest with you, just truthful. I've got bills to pay."

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Lester is the man. And don't worry, Lester could easily be considered the lead of the whole show.

Saw a quick sidebar interview with Idris Elba (Stringer Bell) in the new issue of Empire. Question - "Why did you do all of those horror films after coming off the The Wire?"
                            Answer - "I've got to eat! That's being 100% honest with you, just truthful. I've got bills to pay."

Awesome.
                            AWESOME to hear on Freeman. Seriously, my wife and I both consider him to be the MVP of the show.

And Elba is 100 % pure charisma. Digging this immensely.

Comment

I'm going to be really curious what you think of the second season. IT's honestly the only reason why I haven't tried to go back through this show.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

At first, the 2nd season seems off, because it goes into a whole new world. But now, it's a favorite, along with the best season season of the show, the 4th. I know the whole series is awesome, but I liked how it shifts from a police/crook show to the port, to the city hall, to the schools, to the newspapers.

And Matt, my wife LOVES Freeman. There's so many actor I loved in this. Even Bodie, who got on my serves at first, shines later on. By the end, Prop Joe, Freeman, Bunk and of course, our favorite asshole cop were favorites. But Omar, Stringer and the kids from season 4 were above the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X