No announcement yet.

Treme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take a spin off series of Antoine and Hiroki the Japanese Businessman traveling the world spreading jazz.

Comment

Best episode yet. Holy cow.

I love that they showed Antoine with some empathy and appreciation toward the Japanese guy. They've kind of played him as a shady character so far so I'm glad they gave him a moment to shine. Love love love.

Comment

"Are you part of a pearl necklace?" lulz

Great show is great.

Comment

Wow, lots of great music tonight BUT

Spoiler: episode 12 
          I was really surprised they decided to have Goodman's character off himself. For a guy who has been shown as being so strong and passionate he really took the bitch way out. Bummer. Although to be honest I figured he was going to die of a stroke or heart attack by the end of the season anyway.

Comment

Oh wow jesus christ Grave really? I fucking fell asleep last night, and woke up with like 15 minutes left, and just decided to watch it tonight on DVR. Fuck, I want to head home right now.

Comment

It wasn't shown outright but heavily implied. I don't think the writers are hacky enough to make that a headfake. If they are, it's even worse than having that be the outcome to begin with.

Comment

I wish this season had been longer. I felt it as soon as Batiste gave the brass band their cue ("Now fuckin' play for that money") and they started their march.

I didn't want to leave the characters, the city, and especially not the music. Fucking hell it is intoxicating.

I can't wait to return to this season and blaze through it, as opposed to that weekly delay.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Simon interview aboot the season and what might be on the way for the second one.

Read it.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-21-2010, 06:09 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Really incredible first season. Super excited to see where it goes from here. Oh, and forgot to mention how great the "Ma'am I'm from Texas. Ya'll have a lax work ethic" line was.

Comment

Melissa Leo was fucking amazing during the march. That quick transformation from elation back to despair was it for me.

The same goes for Khandi Alexander as the opposite reactions took hold in her character. Gotta rewatch this show.

And of course, everyone and everything will be buried come awards season (two-fold irony alert).
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-21-2010, 06:29 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I got home too late and forgot to set the DVR to record this!! Now I have to wait until it records late tomorrow night. FFFFFUUUUUUUU

Comment

What a great finale. If anything, it shows what a dope I was for not sticking with The Wire after missing a bunch of season one episodes. I'll have to check that show out for realz.

Comment

Anthony Bourdain is writing the restaurant thread for season two and I am the happiest goddamn fanboy in the world right now.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/antho...g-staff,52485/

Comment

It's back, and it's awesome, of course. Really don't like the carpetbagging dude from Dallas already. This episode felt even heavier on the music that usual, which was odd. I thought it might be lighter just to help kick off the narrative. Absolutely loved the opening with the kid trying to learn "When the Saints..." and everyone in the graveyard.

Comment

Treme is back. Treme is still great. That Clark Peters impression was outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X