The Shield - SPOILERZ LIKE ON CARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG IS IT RAGTIME?!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

If you had ever seen Ragtime, you'd know it's not a musical.

And I actually had the musical selection in my avatar profile when I had the Dutch avatar.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Is it sugar-free jazz?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I'll let you discover this nugget of knowledge on your own.

Also, I was the one that said I'd most likely end up like Dutch if I was a cop/detective.

And I wouldn't do that to a cat as I've got allergies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post

And I wouldn't do that to a cat as I've got allergies.
            That's why man invented the .22

Comment

I like your thinking Billdozer.

Comment

Man everything with Lem and Tevon is breaking my heart.

Spoiler: spoilers 
                the hospital scene with Tevon crying about wanting to apologize to Mara was horrible. I keep waiting for Lem's ulcer to make his CHEST EXPLODE.

Comment

so, if I'm not totally burned out on COP stuff after 'The Wire', would 'The Shield' be a good follow-up?
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Yes! But don't expect a realistic cop show. The Wire is real life, The Shield is "based in reality" if that makes sense.

Comment

• The Shield was a bit shaky in season 1, but by season 2 it picked up in quality and awesomeness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        The Shield was a bit shaky in season 1, but by season 2 it picked up in quality and awesomeness.
                        It usually takes a season for the actors to figure out what works for their characters AND for the writers to write for them. Once that all gets squared away and everyone really knows their job, things click and the quality takes off.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Pretty underwhelming season 3 finale imo.

Spoiler: spoilerz 
                          Good on Vic for shooting creepy Armenian guy. Bad on Vic for fucking creepy Armenian girl. Good on Lem for burning the money. Bad on Lem for coughing up blood. Good on Vic talking Lem into staying so the team could stay. Bad on Shane for being a whiny bitch. Good on Claudette for keeping true to herself. Bad on Aceveda for being a bitch about it. Good on Dutch for keeping the kitten. Possibly bad on Dutch for killing said kitten next season.

As a whole this season was pretty badass, but the ending was meh. I mean I get it.
                            Spoiler: spoilers. 
                          Vic is essentially completely alone now
                          but still, not quite the HOLY SHIT moment I was hoping was going to happen.

Comment

• Stay with it...the shit gets progressively more real. I need to revisit this ASAP.
                            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Oh for sure. WE have disc 1 of season 4 to watch tonight.

Comment

• I would agree with Herr Hughes' assessment of the finale of season 3 but yeah, stick with it for sure.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X