Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random TV that do not need their own threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Ryan Murphy burnt his good graces with me halfway through Nip/Tuck. No offense Iggy, but this looks like one huge pile of shit. OH SPOOKY THE GHOST MASTURBATES wtf?
    Naysaying in the quoted pasage aside, I'm still kind of digging this. Odd and intriguing mix of real world scares (like the serial killer fans showing up) ans the supernatural (the ever present and ever multiplying ghosts). The extensive history of this house will give them a veritable smorgasbord of characters (and many do appear to be "characters") to choose from for their ghostly denizens.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
      Yeah, still a dick move by Nerdious. I'm sure if I posted a picture of some anime ending he'd be all pissed off.
      Dick-move it is.

I love how he got uber pissed off that I laughed at that new retarded Spiderman reboot (and for all the right reasons).
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        Did anyone else watch FX' American Horror Story? It's got a few tired horror memes in it (retarded kid in touch w/ the supernatural, for one), but shows some promise. I'll set the DVR to record series until further notice. Any thoughts?
        I was on board when those shithead twins got killed.

The family is in a pretty dark place (as opposed to having a single member of the unit be the designated "crazy" one), but the Amityvillery that is occuring is nothing all that new (sans ghostgimp).

Kinda curious to see where the Lange/Conroy thing goes.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          Naysaying in the quoted pasage aside, I'm still kind of digging this. Odd and intriguing mix of real world scares (like the serial killer fans showing up) ans the supernatural (the ever present and ever multiplying ghosts). The extensive history of this house will give them a veritable smorgasbord of characters (and many do appear to be "characters") to choose from for their ghostly denizens.
          If you make it through the season digging it I will give it a chance.

Comment

• I always thought real world, mundane terrors can add a nifty twist to spooky yarns. The scene in the original Amityville Horror where the envelope for the caterer goes missing always affected me. We can all see ourselves in such a situation. Maybe we've actually BEEN in a similar one. And it's fucking scary to be $1,000.00 (undoubtedly, this would be more by today's standards, adjusted for inflation) in the hole for money you don't have, having just bought the creepy old mansion. The chaos this family is in due to the husband's affair (and the mistress turning out to be a little crazy herself, and knocked up into the bargain) is adding a new dimension to things for me. Also, the fact they're not some white bread bunch of innocents, but are all damaged in some way that can play into the house's/ghost's evil intentions is pretty unique. I agree the spooks themslves are nothing particularly new, but I love to see traditional memes played out in a different way that still respects the source material. So far, they're hitting many of the key notes for your "standard" haunted house story in just the right manner, if you ask me. And the level of gore on display is damned good for TV. I'd recommend giving it a shot. Too bad FX doesn't have an On Demand option like a premium channel would.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
              I was on board when those shithead twins got killed.

Kinda curious to see where the Lange/Conroy thing goes.
              Yes, and yes.

Comment

• I really shouldn't be thinking about this, or asking these questions, but here goes.

I caught the last 10 minutes of Terra Nova again. OK, so the Earth is fucked up. And we have time travel technology. In order to preserve humanity we go back in time to when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Am I correct in this?

Because if so HOW FUCKING DUMB. We go back in time to avoid extinction, and pick a time when we know a fucking asteroid is going to hit and cause a massive extinction event?!

Comment

• The first (last) season finale will end with a big twist that they aren't really on Earth!

Comment

• hahahah.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      The first (last) season finale will end with a big twist that they aren't really on Earth!
                      Don't I wish that... I'm watching it just out of curiosity, but it's bad.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I watched How to Make it in America all last season waiting for Lake Bell to do teh n00dz and she waits until I cancel HBO to do it? Boo.

That said, dem tet tet's.

Comment

• I was unaware that show got a second season.

Thank you Based Lake.

Thank you Based Aloe Blacc.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• This season is actually a bit better than last. It's more fun, that's for sure. Joey Pants as an eccentric artist? Oh yes.

Comment

• Project Runway is finally drawing to a close. Part 1 of the finale was last night and...no surprise...all four made it to fashion week. Should be fashion weak with this crop....

Only good thing? Finding out that hot Anya has some sex videos out there. Found them...she's a three input gal.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• PM Link or gtfo. Lulz
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X