The Commercial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Ancestry.com commercial is brilliant:

Santa Claus discovers that his great great grandmother was The Tooth Fairy - plus a couple extra commercials after that one.

It's pretty smart, because they actually parody their own ads, which shows they have a sense of humor while still getting their message across.
    Last edited by Lisa; 12-10-2011, 06:47 AM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Those new GM commercials with Santa as a car salesman are great.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Yesss. "I hunt deer...erm..birds I hut birds." Lulz
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Star Furniture ads have the worst fucking jingle. Any time I see it that fucking jingle is stuck in my head for a solid hour.

Comment

• Thanks billy. Now I hear it too. *sadpanda*
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NTgK-JBBZcU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• <iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kynBcY9rJOY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• The Cancer Treatment Center of America absolutely piss me the flying fuck off. First of all, their reviews from patients and families aren't that hot.

But the thing that fucking pisses me off is how the basic theme of their commercials - not just that one, but all of them if you've seen the others - is "The other doctor was mean to me, and I was going to die. But they were nice to me at CTCA, and they cured my cancer!" Her commercial has been running for a couple of years now, and this is the first time I've ever seen the longer version where she brings up the surgery - the message they try to shill for any of these scared people looking for help is "Come here! We're nice to you, and you'll be okay after that!"

I've ranted about these commercials before here. It's irresponsible for them to sell people hope that has nothing to do with any actual treatment. We went through this when my brother was sick - have we tried every place we can? What about THAT place? Are we making the right decision at the right place and the right treatment? I mean, he was at Sloan Kettering and they still couldn't help him, so sometimes even the best place can't work miracles. I just think they're a series of fucking irresponsible commercials that sell false hope and promises when no cancer center can't do that.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Does she say "I've got a sun in my heart"? What does that even mean?

Comment

• No, she's saying "I have a song in my heart". You know - just like anyone would've who had their cancer cured by someone being nice to them.

Comment

• They compassionate. They feeled her pain. So she took that energy and gave it to the patients. And said they were fighters and fighters win.

Comment

• And she's aaaaalll better now!

Comment

• Bette Midler is fucking wasted in that Acura commercial. She slurs out the last half of the song.

Comment

• The only redeeming quality in that Budweiser NBA commercial is Steve Kerr's shit eating grin. God is that a bad commercial. Brittany told me the goofy dudes are called "LMFAO" (seriously?) and I googled them. holy shit, they should be shot on sight.

Comment

• <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KQ6zr6kCPj8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

What's the matter Billy? They offend your delicate sensibilities? Lulz

EDIT: For the record, not my favorite act either but my 6 year old loves that song and I stand by my little dude.
                                Last edited by B_Metal; 12-30-2011, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X