The Commercial Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
    Who's the dude with the pile of burning coats?
    This guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Sager
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Craig Sager is amazing. Ingrid, tonight put it on TNT, whichever game he is side line reporting. Soak in the greatness. Or go to Youtube and just search him. God I love Craig Sager.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jGFWEoCGhi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Almost spilled my beer. So good.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• FUCK YOU ROB

Comment

• hahaha

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gKKVQLDYYcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• I like that one, Ian seems like a good bro.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I liked the Coke commercial with America The Beautiful. However, I have a feeling when I get to work tomorrow, I'll hear a lot of "if you want to live in/come to our country, you need to speak our language!"
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• So far my favorite is the Volkswagen commercial with the VW engineers getting wings. Especially when the daughter says, "When they get to 200,000 miles, then rainbows fly out their butts."
                      Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

I liked the Coke commercial with America The Beautiful. However, I have a feeling when I get to work tomorrow, I'll hear a lot of "if you want to live in/come to our country, you need to speak our language!"
                        Racist twitter is gonna go nuts.

Comment

• I think Budweiser knocked it out of the park with the "Welcome Home Veteran" commercial.
                          Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

I liked the Coke commercial with America The Beautiful. However, I have a feeling when I get to work tomorrow, I'll hear a lot of "if you want to live in/come to our country, you need to speak our language!"
                            “America the Beautiful.” Written in 1893 by Katherine Lee Bates, a lesbian from Massachusetts and published in 1903 after many revisions in the “Boston Evening Transcript.” Bates and her partner were together for 25 years in what contemporaries of the time referred to as a “Boston Marriage,” a term for a pair of women living together who were not married and did not rely on a man for support. This, and many other instances of their romantic relationship are published in a book from “Yellow Clover: A Book of Remembrance” according to Biography.com

The theme goes further though, as according to Songwriter’s Hall of Fame, the composer Samuel A. Ward composed the song “Materna” previously known as “O Mother Dear, Jerusalem,” which was published in 1888 and then used for “America the Beautiful” years later.

Coke’s use of this song only highlights the fact we all have the right to be who we want to be in America. Bates was a lesbian, writer and poet. Ward was a organist and composer. Together they made an iconic, patriotic song that honors what is best about America: the togetherness we have as a nation that is a giant melting pot.

Not one person who speaks English in this nation is speaking the natural language. According to US Census data, more than 90 percent of Americans are descendants of immigrants.

We speak English, a language that comes from a small island no bigger than the tri-state area and a country whom we haven’t been part of since 1776. We have states named after whole countries (New Mexico) that are out of our borders.

According to statute, there is no official language of America. States can set an official language of business but even so, many have chosen to recognize more than one or none at all (Louisiana for example claims both French and English).

The phrase “This is America, speak English,” has never been so obsolete as it is in this present age. Coca-Cola just highlighted this fact, that we as a nation are becoming more globally engaged, diversified and connected.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZIkPeZKP-d4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Those commercials are crazy. I don't get how the people just stand there, though. If this happened in America someone would probably get shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X