The Walking Dead TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lulz to Grandma Ex Machina.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Woo lordy, the lady from THE MIST is a bad crier. Yikes.

But, yeah, this show rocks so hard. I'm really bummed it's only six episodes.

Comment

• Norm Reedus as Hillbilly Commando is awesome.

The addition of Vato Hospital was cool. Vato Hospital is legit.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Vato Hospital sounds like the name of the best fucking soap opera ever. Featuring Luis Guzman as Doctor Cholo, and Danny Trejo as Nurse Pain.

Oh, and this week's episode? Especially the last few minutes with the zombie attack? Sweet. Next week's episode's gotta bring the thunder to try and beat this one. Hopefully, this'll mean a return of "Lefty" Rooker and his stump of rage.

Comment

• The dialogue is atrocious, but I don't care.

IT'S VATO HOSPITAL, HOMES
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Seriously late to this thread, but anyway. We're a week behind you ladies and gents (FX are doing the needful by showing this on satellite.) I'd recorded the first three episodes and just did my catch-up the other day. Very enjoyable stuff so far. I agree that the dramatic aspects have been well handled and largely best of all, so far. The action, gore, and zombie design/handling have all been nothing short of great.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Personally, I side with slower zombies - sure you can outrun them, but it's when they devour you en masse, or you're just not fast enough that the terror grabs me.
              Which is why Michael Myers should never, EVER be allowed to run. Or talk.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Vato Hospital.... Featuring Luis Guzman as Doctor Cholo, and Danny Trejo as Nurse Pain.
              Special Appearance by John Leguizamo as Luca "The Butcha" Lopez!

Who amongst us wouldn't watch that? Seriously.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Considering there are only 6 eps this season, I'm kind of surprised they took as large a detour from the path of the graphic novels as they did w/ the whole hospital thing. I think, tense and cool as that segment was, I'd have preferred to see them delve deeper into the books' canon. But I guess they don't want fans of the books to be able to elbow their sig o's in the ribs every few minutes & tell them what's coming up.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Also I'm sure they were banking on multiple seasons and are saving some of the books for those. WHYONLYSIXEPSTHISYEAR?!?!?!?!
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I can't fathom that, either. Put "zombie" in front of almost anything, it seems, and it generates interest. How could they have doubted this would be a success?

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The AMC president already said they want 10 seasons.

Comment

• Damn, 10 seasons of awesomeness?!?!?! There IS a Santa Claus!!!
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hopefully not all at 6 eps apiece.

Comment

• I thought I read season two was already set for 13 but I could be mistaken.

Comment

• You are correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ovaltine Jenkins View Post
                                Damn, 10 seasons of awesomeness?!?!?! There IS a Santa Claus!!!
                                They pretty much need 10 seasons in order to get through all of the issues of the comic. The writing for the show is slightly better than in the comic, but goddamn this show is mediocre.

Ep. 3: "STAY AWAY FROM ME AND MY SON!"

Ep. 4: "TAKE MY SON AND PLAY WITH HIM LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED!"

They tried to explain the hacksaw thing by saying "it must have been too dull to hack through the handcuffs". A completely stupid concept given the thickness of the chain connecting the cuffs VS the thickness OF HIS GODDAMNED WRIST!

The biggest problem with the comic is that it never actually goes anywhere, and they resort to inflicting tragedy to characters in lieu of anything interesting in terms of plot. Sort of like the last three seasons of ER. I can't help but think a lot of people rave about this show because they enjoy being pandered to, I mean yeah, it's been a few years since Buffy has been on the air, but I'm not that desperate to feel validated in my nerdy interests that I am going to spooge over this offering, these table scraps.
                                <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Working...
                                X