• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ari View Post
    I hear Samsung is pure aces.
    I can vouch. They is.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

More expensive too.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        More expensive too.
        I can vouch. They is.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

What's the consensus on those Toshiba Regzas? Seriously, the picture on the one that we were looking at was pretty stunning. Crisp colors, deep blacks, and a good price point. We were THIS close to purchasing either the Regza or the Insignia when we had to leave (the wife wasn't feeling well).
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I guess the Corey signal was broken because I had no idea I was needed in the TV department. F.Y.I I appriciate the love but Wayne and Nerdious are pretty knowledgable when it comes to this stuff as well.

My 2 cents on TV's and Bluray Players
            60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz:
            60hz is fadding away and for $100.00-$200.00 more "depending on the brand of TV" it is worth spending the extra money on a 120Hz. Gaming also looks awsome on 120Hz

240Hz even though it seems like a good idea because it is higher than 120Hz I would not recomend at this time unless you have physically seen the same TV at 120Hz & 240Hz sitting next to each other and you like what you saw on the 240Hz.

My problem with 240Hz " and my boss describes this the best" is that it makes everything look like a soap opera, so no matter it be cable,directv or bluray the 240Hz forces the motion to run faster than what the picture is suppose to, and the reason this happens is to give you the feel of beyond high def. When this happens it takes movies that are not suppose to look live, and make the speacial effects and movement go to crap. Example = Transformers 2, not the best movie of the year but the speacial effects were still top notch, add 240Hz to that and you go from "those robots could be real, to yup that is completely fake. Another example is Speed Racer, that was a mind blowing color orgasm, add 240Hz to that and you instantly want to throw up because your head can't take the motion.

My selection on TV's:

#1 Samsung= even though it can seem to be out of most our price ranges it truely is a great set whether you get LCD or LED. I have been installing quite a few 46"-55" LED's and all I have to say is HOLY FUCK OF BEAUTIFUL.

#2 LG= once again some of these sets might be out of our price range but this is still comparible to a Samsung with a lower price tag

#3 Visio= This company over the past couple of years has gone from a nobody to a great TV for a great price. I tell people who are on a budget and want a great LCD to go get a Visio

As far as Sony goes they do have some good sets, but I would not pay the price for any of their TV's, when I can get something better for alot less. Toshiba not entirely bad, but I thinkg they had better luck with their rear projections a few years back VS their LCD's or Plasmas. Never been the biggest fan of Hitachi, and definatly not INSIGNAIS.

If you have the money for an LED I would go straight for that, even though prices are coming down they still can be pricey.

My Selection on Bluray Player's

#1 LG= These players are great, don't take up alot of space, have network ports for firmware updates, and to stream either Netflix, Youtube, Roxio Cinema Now, or Vudu. http://www.lge.com/us/tv-audio-video/video/index.jsp

#2 Samsung = Also a great player, same essential features as the LG but you can stream Netflix, Pandora radio, or Blockbuster on these. http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...?pagetype=type

#3 PS3 = Most of you already know that this is a Kickass bluray player, but why do I have it as #3 instead of #1. Well because when the PS3 came out yes it was the best Bluray player out there, but that has changed alot over the past year. Now if you don't want a game machine/bluray than just get a bluray player.

The way I look at TV's and Bluray players, is do more research than reading reviews and articles, actually go to multiple places to see these in action. Sometimes it is good to spend a few extra dollars to get the good stuff, it will be better in the long run. Plus you won't have to upgrade to a better model only 6months later.
            I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
            Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
            Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
            She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

Sounds like I should spend the extra $$ and get the 120Hz LG.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Awesome feedback and advice. Thank you very much.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                  This thread is timely, as we're going to be buying a new TV within the next couple of weeks as well.

My criteria: 40-42", 1080p, 120Hz, nice contrast ratio. For price, I want to keep the TV, blu-ray player, and TV stand around $1200.

We went shopping at Best Buy on Sunday and took a good look at their TVs. Frankly, their Insignias and Toshiba Regzas looked great, while I honestly thought that their Sonys looked like shit.

I just heard from a coworker yesterday that Samsung is the brand to go with. Thoughts?
                  Judas, check out the TVs at Best Buy but don't be afraid to buy the TV online. You can usually get a better deal and warranty than Best Buy. Just remember that Best Buy and other B&M stores use techniques to amplify the "quality" of their TVs.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by Corey View Post
                    If you have the money for an LED I would go straight for that, even though prices are coming down they still can be pricey.
                    Concur'd! LED are fucking sexy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                      Judas, check out the TVs at Best Buy but don't be afraid to buy the TV online. You can usually get a better deal and warranty than Best Buy. Just remember that Best Buy and other B&M stores use techniques to amplify the "quality" of their TVs.
                      Best Buy has pretty attractive financing goin on right now, though. CAN I pay for my new TV outright? Sure, without any problem at all. But if they're offering 36 months interest free financing, I plan to take advantage of it and not tie up my money. I already have a line of credit with them, so I don't need to worry about going through the whole application process again.

Also, I have a hard time buying big ticket items online. I don't ever want to deal with having to ship something back if there's an issue...I want to be able to take it back to a physical brick and mortar store and deal with someone face to face. I'll pay a little bit more for that peace of mind, but that's just me.

Comment

They are, but those prices are ridiculous.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post

Also, I have a hard time buying big ticket items online. I don't ever want to deal with having to ship something back if there's an issue...I want to be able to take it back to a physical brick and mortar store and deal with someone face to face. I'll pay a little bit more for that peace of mind, but that's just me.

Agreed.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I dig, Judas. I'm just saying that if you want to save monies, you'll find them cheaper online. I remember when I bought my TV, B&Ms were offering the same exact model for about $2k more than what I purchased mine at.

Comment

OK, I think that this is the one that I want to get:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...ung&cp=2&lp=10

Any reason that I shouldn't?
                              Last edited by Matt; 12-08-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Damn. Sounds pretty sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X