No announcement yet.

What TV should Nathan get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a newer box or older? You may not be able to use the HDMI if you are currently using the optical. Unless you hook up your tv to reciever with HDMI and xbox to tv with HDMI. I believe anyway.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'll have to investigate.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

And I'm probably wrong anyways. But you will need 2 HDMI cables at least.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

And dont fall for that BS of paying anymore than 20 bucks for one of them.

Comment

Catching up on this like an old man or Ellis would: I'd sex up that LG.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              And I'm probably wrong anyways. But you will need 2 HDMI cables at least.
              1 for xbox and 1 for cable?

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

MORE INFOS!
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Nice job, Nerdious!
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post

Kudos sir. That's a really great guide.

Comment

Do you have any questions Nate? Corey and I are your honest home theater guys. Viet knows his shit too. His Sharp that he bought a few years back is still considered a good TV.

IMO = LCD's are great but LED are better (say no to plasma if you see one). 1080p is a must (your a gamer) 120Hz is worth the money (as a gamer you will see great payoff). HDMI cables are not better if you pay more, like Rob said. The difference that you would see with a "high quality" cable vs a low quality cable is so small your eyes will not see the difference. The LG you have in the link above is a good set.

Next you will need a kick ass receiver and speakers! FYI it's almost always better to let the TV do the video processing and the receiver do the audio. But in some cases, depending on the receive, you will want the receiver to do both.
                        Last edited by Phat Dizaztr; 12-08-2009, 07:24 AM.

Comment

This thread is timely, as we're going to be buying a new TV within the next couple of weeks as well.

My criteria: 40-42", 1080p, 120Hz, nice contrast ratio. For price, I want to keep the TV, blu-ray player, and TV stand around $1200.

We went shopping at Best Buy on Sunday and took a good look at their TVs. Frankly, their Insignias and Toshiba Regzas looked great, while I honestly thought that their Sonys looked like shit.

I just heard from a coworker yesterday that Samsung is the brand to go with. Thoughts?
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I hear Samsung is pure aces.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post
                              Do you have any questions Nate? Corey and I are your honest home theater guys. Viet knows his shit too. His Sharp that he bought a few years back is still considered a good TV.

IMO = LCD's are great but LED are better (say no to plasma if you see one). 1080p is a must (your a gamer) 120Hz is worth the money (as a gamer you will see great payoff). HDMI cables are not better if you pay more, like Rob said. The difference that you would see with a "high quality" cable vs a low quality cable is so small your eyes will not see the difference. The LG you have in the link above is a good set.

Next you will need a kick ass receiver and speakers! FYI it's almost always better to let the TV do the video processing and the receiver do the audio. But in some cases, depending on the receive, you will want the receiver to do both.
                              Thanks! 120Hz is worth it huh? Damn! The one I'm looking at is only 60. There is a 120Hz model but it's $150-200 more. Pay day is Friday though......DAMN!
                              Last edited by Nathan; 12-08-2009, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Nathan: Best Buy has a 40" Toshiba Regza for $799 that is pretty stunning looking. 1080p and 120Hz. They also have a 42" Insignia, same specs, for $749. I guess that the Insignias come with a 2 yr warranty, which is nice. I didn't look at any of the Samsungs, figuring that I'd want to stick with a brand that I'm familiar with. That was apparently an error.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X