No announcement yet.

WHHYYYYYYYYYYYY AKA The official "My computer is broke" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power supply? That's fishy. If it was a powersupply issue you wouldbe able to login, but you'd start to see screen tearing or other issues. Let me know what you find.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

We're booting from an xp install disc so we can run checkdisk. Be back in a few with details.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Apparently the hard drive is bad AND the power supply was crapping out. Working on installing both parts new now. To be continued.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Can't get xp to install on new drive. It keeps saying make sure drive is switched on and properly connected. DRATS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OK, up and running on the PC. Now to update everything and reinstall all off my music and every other thing I've lost. Fuck you corrupted hard drive!!

Comment

Now is the time to get a back-up drive. They are cheap and will keep you from worrying about your evil windows machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post
                Now is the time to get a back-up drive. They are cheap and will keep you from worrying about your evil windows machine.
                Yeah, considering I lost like 30 gigs of music and files and pictures that's probably shooting to the top of the to do list.

Comment

Not that I am more on one side than the other but... Mac has nearly no problems. And when they do you have OUTSTANDING tech support. I use both Windows and Mac. I have no problem with either. And the more I look into it I want to use Linux instead.

First it's FREE!
                  Second it's what Mac bases it's OS off of.
                  And lastly it operates alot of software, not all but most.

I think the biggest life saver for Mac users is that their version of an .exe is called .dmg and most programmers (hackers) don't write those kind of executable files as viruses. That and no one is hating on Steve Jobs like they hate on Bill Gates.

Comment

Not that I am more on one side than the other but... Mac has nearly no problems. And when they do you have OUTSTANDING tech support. I use both Windows and Mac. I have no problem with either. And the more I look into it I want to use Linux instead.

First it's FREE!
                    Second it's what Mac bases it's OS off of.
                    And lastly it operates alot of software, not all but most.

I think the biggest life saver for Mac users is that their version of an .exe is called .dmg and most programmers (hackers) don't write those kind of executable files as viruses. That and no one is hating on Steve Jobs like they hate on Bill Gates.
                    All of the above I completely agree with. Now can you help me find a job that lets me afford a Mac? Kthxbai

Comment

No, but if you sell your first unborn child's soul to the Devil and mortgage your house you can make a down payment on a Mac and just get a loan for the rest. Or you can see if the NBA needs another white dude?

Comment

No, but if you sell your first unborn child's soul to the Devil and mortgage your house you can make a down payment on a Mac and just get a loan for the rest. Or you can see if the NBA needs another white dude?
                        I think I'd have a better chance cattle rustling than I would making the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                        X