WHHYYYYYYYYYYYY AKA The official "My computer is broke" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
    Guilty. My crappy job sucks up a lot of quality tv time. Sorry.
    I thought you were spending more time at home after injuring yourself. It's on Netflix, so get on it.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
      I thought you were spending more time at home after injuring yourself. It's on Netflix, so get on it.
      Doc wrote the note for today and even though my back still feels like shit I had to return to work. I will put that show on my netflix though.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

it's not that good. It's ok, but that's about it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          to be honest, you may need to take your HD out and get it virus scanned and test it with another computer.
          This is what I would do. It doesn't sound like it's a BIOS issue. It sounds like it's getting past POST fine. It's most likely a corrupted HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            it's not that good. It's ok, but that's about it.
            But it does get referrenced here quite a bit because of some of the IT nerds.

Comment

This is what I would do. It doesn't sound like it's a BIOS issue. It sounds like it's getting past POST fine. It's most likely a corrupted HD.
              I'm going to have to download all my shit again aren't I?
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Yes. Accept it...I had to about 2 years ago. All of my por...music was gone just like that.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Well see if you can extract any data. There is a chance that just your XP is fucked, but that you can extract files from it still.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on if you can pull info off your HD or not. Even then, I would be really careful on what you transfer over since any number of files could be corrupted.

You could connect the HD to another computer and run a virus check on the specific drive.
                    Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 08-24-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Brother in law said we'll try to do that tonight. Cross your fingers for me.

Comment

Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on if you can pull info off your HD or not. Even then, I would be really careful on what you transfer over since any number of files could be corrupted.

You could connect the HD to another computer and run a virus check on the specific drive.

Yes. I said this earlier.

Comment

Rob doesn't like it when you repeat what he has already said. And he said all of tha earlier.

Comment

Sorry. I zone in and out when reading Rob's posts.

Comment

Comment

It's looking like a power supply issue, but we're still working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X