Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huyck and Katz are the cautionary tale of what Zemeckis and Gale could have been. I love Howard the Duck but let's not rewrite history here. Those two were toxic after the one-two punch of Best Defense and that. After that, even sugar-daddy Lucas couldn't help them anymore.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Huyck and Katz are the cautionary tale of what Zemeckis and Gale could have been. I love Howard the Duck but let's not rewrite history here. Those two were toxic after the one-two punch of Best Defense and that. After that, even sugar-daddy Lucas couldn't help them anymore.

That's all these Film Twitter shitheads are trying to do now. Rewrite history.

There's a reason why this team was a joke. They were low-budget Cali horror and genre filmmakers who had deep ties to Lucas. That bought them a decade of free work that others would never get in their lives.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Nobody is shitting on her here. But let the facts speak for themselves.

Howard the Duck was such a colossal career-killer. Frank Price (the head of Universal) was fired, Lea Thompson's career never recovered save for the Back to the Future sequels and Tim Robbins and Jeffery Jones (back when that was the worst thing associated with the latter) refused to speak of it.

To your point about the 80's All Over guys, at least they called out how questionable their participation in Star Wars is. They're not buying it either.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Nobody is shitting on her here. But let the facts speak for themselves.

Howard the Duck was such a colossal career-killer. Frank Price (the head of Universal) was fired, Lea Thompson's career never recovered save for the Back to the Future sequels and Tim Robbins and Jeffery Jones (back when that was the worst thing associated with the latter) refused to speak of it.

To your point about the 80's All Over guys, at least they called out how questionable their participation in Star Wars is. They're not buying it either.

I was never talking about anybody here. I'm more commenting on Film Twitter's general ability to shittalk one week and then fake emotional outcry via endless obits in the next week.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• George H.W. Bush.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Now, they all love him without any recognition of prior history.

Still, he helped end the Cold War with the calm reserve that is absent from any aspect of the GOP now.

Comment

• Ken Berry.

Despite The Andy Griffith Show getting heavy play by my folks growing up, Mayberry RFD most certainly did not (One of those successful spin-offs that people tend to forget... by choice?) And F Troop was before my generation altogether. On the other hand, Mama's Family is something I used to watch a lot. RIP.
                Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 12-02-2018, 10:12 AM.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Used to watch the ever loving fuck out of F-Troop when I was a kid. Also remember Ken Berry from that one episode of The Brady Bunch where he and his wife adopt three kids (one white, one black, one Asian) that was supposed to be a set up for a spin-off show.

RIP, Ken.

Comment

• Penny Marshall.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Penny Marshall.

May rigor mortis remove that scowl from her face.

Comment

Penny Marshall.
                        Oh wow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Sandra Locke died recently as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Robert Kerman. His agents/people are letting everyone know on his FB page. It hasn't gone wide yet.

Comment

• Bummer.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh shit, Mean Gene Okerlund.

https://abc7.com/entertainment/wwe-l...jv2QfyIX2dq4r0
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X