No announcement yet.

The Fucked up News of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok fine, she's a hypocrite, but what I was addressing were the comments about her having to be some sort of advocate now, and that she's somehow responsible for anyone else who may have ate her food getting diabetes. She's not. The ingredients are listed and if you can't tell from that that a certain food may be unhealthy that's somehow her fault?

Again, I don't mean to offend you or be mean about it, I just don't follow the reasoning.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• She IS a complete hypocrite.

This isn't worthy arguing over. Both opinions have merit and can be promoted as valid with objective and subjective evidence.

Hugs?
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'll hug, with the caveat that people are responsible for their own actions. Best I can do.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I don't apologize for those comments either, nor do I think they're wrong just because you and Rob do. I do think setting a good example should go along with being famous, because frankly, there are a lot of dumbshits looking up to celebs.

Let me put it another way - let's say you have a daughter. And she worships Lindsey Lohan, and your daughter decides to booze it up and do drugs - which is health related - because Lindsay does. Or because she thinks it looks fun, or for whatever reason. In my opinion - which you can disagree with, no issues with you disagreeing - would you just not care that your hypothetical daughter behaves that way because she's emulating a celebrity, and she's doing what she wants?

My point is, the world is unfortunately made up of followers. I don't see anything wrong with someone in the public eye setting a good example.

Again, that's my opinion. Again, to differentiate, it's not a wrong opinion, just because it differs from yours. It's just my opinion. I'm not saying a celebrity is fully responsible for keeping the general public on a leash. I'm just saying - do your best to not lead certain people down a more harmful path.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          This isn't worthy arguing over. Both opinions have merit and can be promoted as valid with objective and subjective evidence.
          You're right - Paula Deen isn't worth arguing over. What IS worth arguing over is being told I'm "wrong" because I have a different opinion. That's always worth arguing over.
          Last edited by Lisa; 01-18-2012, 11:36 AM.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• "Hey what's up Bin Laden! How's ya motha?"
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
              I don't apologize for those comments either, nor do I think they're wrong just because you and Rob do. I do think setting a good example should go along with being famous, because frankly, there are a lot of dumbshits looking up to celebs.

Let me put it another way - let's say you have a daughter. And she worships Lindsey Lohan, and your daughter decides to booze it up and do drugs - which is health related - because Lindsay does. Or because she thinks it looks fun, or for whatever reason. In my opinion - which you can disagree with, no issues with you disagreeing - would you just not care that your hypothetical daughter behaves that way because she's emulating a celebrity, and she's doing what she wants?

My point is, the world is unfortunately made up of followers. I don't see anything wrong with someone in the public eye setting a good example.

Again, that's my opinion. Again, to differentiate, it's not a wrong opinion, just because it differs from yours. It's just my opinion. I'm not saying a celebrity is fully responsible for keeping the general public on a leash. I'm just saying - do your best to not lead certain people down a more harmful path.
              Ok, so we're NOT dropping it? Fine then. My answer to your above hypothetical is that I believe it's my job as a parent to explain to my hypothetical daughter that what Lindsey Lohan is doing is extremely dangerous and not only affects her professionally but also physically. What I DON'T believe is that somehow Lindsey is responsible for my hypothetical daughter getting into drugs and alcohol and irresponsible behavior because I did not parent effectively.

Can I say that for 100% my hypothetical daughter would turn out perfect? Well of course not, but at the end of the day it's my job to raise my children and to teach them that not everything they see on television is the right thing or safe/healthy.

Comment

• Come on, guys. This disagreement does not merit such harsh language. We're all friends here so let's dial back on the vehemence. If you were talking face to face, you'd all see that nobody is trying to anger the other person.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Frankly, it doesn't even matter to me anymore. I'm only going to be told I'm wrong for having my own opinion, so you're right, it's not worth my time.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• <3 u!

Comment

• Paula Deen is the purple slime.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

<3 u!
                        Dammit, I can't stay mad at that. I <3 you too, you know that. I'm just incredibly freaked out today. I do believe what I said, but I'm just having an incredibly anxious day.

Comment

• Gotta love how the dog pulls a Burt Reynolds and looks right at the camera as he goes by.

Comment

• I've been in meetings all day but did we just compare B's hypothetical daughter who is an apparent whore and druggie because of Lohan and people who eat Paula Deen's food and are fat and dumb? hahahahha
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This thread became Ohio.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• yes. yes it did.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X