No announcement yet.

Comic Con '10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DON'T CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS!
    Here ya go, Matt! I myself only skimmed through a friend's copy of the first collection, but it's pretty good, as coming of age, boy-chases-girl, kind of stories go.
    Last edited by Timothy225; 07-29-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Just no spoilers as I still haven't read the last book yet.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Fair enough. Thanks for the link, Tim
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I live to serve, Matt, old buddy, old chum! And yeah, DON'T click on the link if you don't want to be spoiled (should have prefaced that - my bad!)

ETA: Fixed my previous post, just in case!

Comment

How many books are there? Is it worth it to just 'blind buy' the fuckers and get it over with?

And I'm serious...those trailers for the film do nothing for me; complete indifference. I understand that the buzz is through the roof on this, and I understand that those people that have seen it are cumming buckets over it, but whatever...I just don't see it.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I will also admit to some underwhelm-ment at the commercial for SP.

Michael Cera is not portraying Scott Pilgrim... he's portraying fucking Michael Cera. Just like every other film he's done. Edgar Wright may be good, nay... may be brilliant, but even he can't shine that turd.

I appreciate that most, if not all of you love the source work... and that's a good thing. But I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Instead of seeing this film, I will spend the money on a lovely dining-out experience... and be better for it.

Comment

Just go to a Borders, find the first book and read it there if you can. See what you think.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Fair enough.

Don't hate me for this, but I hope that 'The Expendables' totally kills everything that opening weekend.

Comment

I honestly don't see that happening. I hope it does, but I doubt it.

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat as V - I haven't really gotten into the books beyond the first volume, and that was awhile ago. I'm hesitant to catch the movie before really spending time with the rest of the SP books, as it might color my perceptions/expectations/interest in reading further.

I HAVE been getting into Dark Horse's collections of Creepy and Eerie lately, and an anthology movie of some of those stories, a la Creepshow, might be a gas to see.

Comment

Pass on that. People can't seem to make them correctly. Trick R Treat was a horrible piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Pass on that. People can't seem to make them correctly. Trick R Treat was a horrible piece of shit.
                          Needed more meteorshit.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Needed more entertaining stories...

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              He's the Foul Bachelor Frog...but married somehow.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X