No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna start this shit early since I have tomorrow off, so it might as well be the weekend. I'm going to try to get on the list for an open mic at Cafe Muse in West Hollywood tonight before my friend's birthday bash with the UCB gang in Los Feliz. I hear they're a mean/tough fucking crowd at this gig, so it should be...fun.

Then I'm gonna meet Cat and Mark for lunch tomorrow, go buy some clothes, and then take Kat and some of her friends to 7th and Grand downtown for her birthday shindig. Hoping that St. Pauli Girl will be there and that the girl I've been hooking up with won't (unfortunately, she and Kat kinda hit it off last time and Kat invited her to the thing, but she's not sure if she's gonna go). Blech.

Another open mic at Silverlake Lounge on Friday, followed by whatever. Saturday - not sure, but something will happen. Sunday's Grad Show day, so most of it will be occupied with me shitting my pants in terror.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• FUCK. She's going. nnnnnnnnngh
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Anyway, going here. My choice. Shit's gonna be off the hook. I'll have to be good with all that whiskey at my disposal.

~

Comment

• Dunno, if I'm going to make the show on Sunday, man.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Ed, you should go, you really should! It'll be fun and you'll feel better. No point in you sitting around the house, buddy. And you'll get to spend time with Jake, so you'll be among friends, which is important.
            Last edited by Lisa; 11-10-2010, 05:30 PM.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• What Lisa said, Ed. Laughs and good friends are just what you need. Who knows? Social scene like that, great opportunity to network, maybe find some lucky guy? Just a thought.

Opportunities, young Hocken. Opportunities.

Jake, as always, break a leg tonight, son! And I eagerly await your first Comedy Central stand-up show and tour ("Jake? Yeah, funniest motherfucker I've seen in years. Knew him from BDR. No really, I did! Callin' me a liar? I'll fuck you up you...")

Comment

• Alright, I'm going.

Can't believe this is the second time I've been to a comedy show while unemployed.

First was internet sensation Jon Lajoie.

Comment

• Gonna try to do some cleaning around this grim little hovel before I head out to George's. Then we do the "Celebrating The Birthday" weekend a couple of days early. We're going clothes shopping as my present, and I've been eating healthy all week long so that I can justify one bad-for-me meal for my birthday dinner for this week - George is taking me to this FABULOUS steak house on Sunday night before he brings me home. Additionally, his truck is acting up again, so we're going to do a little more car shopping - George ideally wants to get some new wheels around December, but with as often as he's had to have the truck repaired lately, I'm nervous that it's not going to last that long. George said did the old "famous last words" last night - "It's going to be mid-December before you know it - what could happen over the next month?"

And of course, we're going to stop off to see the new baby. Fingers crossed on that one!
                  Last edited by Lisa; 11-13-2010, 04:48 AM.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Work until 6 tonight, then out to dinner with friends. And after that, Pacquiao/Margarito fight. Tomorrow I have a baby shower to go to in Columbus, then hopefully doing nothing for the rest of the day!
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Got invited to watch to Pacquaio fight tonight and Jake's show tomorrow night.

Then back to the job hunt.

Comment

• Yup. Paq fight tonight!
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• No one in this town bets against Paq.

That's asking for a beatin'.

Comment

• Tortilla Soup tonight with queso. Pairing it with perfect 50 degree and rainy weather. Then COD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              Yup. Paq fight tonight!
                              Yeaaaaaaah

He's gonna fuck Margaritaville up.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Part 1 of Birthday Celebration took place (shopping), but Part 2 (ginormous steak dinner) will have to wait for next week. I spent most of the day sick as hell - not sure what, probably just some bug. I took some Pepto Bismol, sipped on ginger ale, and slept most of the day. We very nearly didn't go shopping, but I felt well enough later to go out - I really didn't want to miss it since I have nothing but shit in my closet. So we got that accomplished, but decided to hold off on the birthday steak dinner till next week when I wasn't feeling nauseous.

I got to George's last night and found a HUGE bouquet of a dozen pink roses waiting for me (they're my favorite!), along with a lovely birthday card.

Then my other presents from George once we went shopping (outlet malls HOLLA!) were three pairs of dress pants from Banana Republic, and two sweaters from Ann Taylor. Then with birthday money my mom sent me, I got myself a pair of knee high black dress boots and some perfume (Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder). So it was quite a haul, and seriously, y'all? Retail is for chumps. If you're not shopping at outlet malls, then I don't even know what to tell you! We wouldn't have even gotten ONE pair of pants at a regular BR store in the city for what we paid for all three pairs. Ditto on the two sweaters - we'd have paid what we paid for both of them, plus an additional $15, to just get one for retail price. I love outlets - George didn't even blink when I showed him the price tags of the stuff I wanted - he was just like, "Yeah, that's fine - take it up to the register."
                                Last edited by Lisa; 11-14-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X