ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim and Lisa: thanks! I'm excited.

Jake: bravo sir. Just getting up takes balls. Making strangers laugh takes skilled balls. Sounds like, for a cherry-popper, it went well. We're all proud of you son.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      Attended a housewarming
      GAE!!!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Agreed...

uber-ghey.

Comment

• This weekend was all over the map for me.

Friday I called in semi-sick (i.e. answering e-mails, but not really doing very much work-wise) and did grocery shopping, played some WoW (Billy, my Warlock hit 80 on the 19th. I am grinding up money for my Artisan riding skill and looking to max out skills, etc. then I think I will be ready to move servers), and met Lisa for lunch, which was very nice.

Friday night we went over to the mom-in-law's house and watched Signs.

Saturday I helped my sister-in-law pack up her house for her impending move, then we looked after her 18 month-old daughter. It was really weird having a small child with us again, given that my soon-to-be 14 year old is almost taller than I am. Not that I am some incredibly tall person at 5' 5.5", but yeah. Later in the evening, I did some redesign work for CHUD and sort of had a meltdown. Too many bad memories I guess, but it wasn't all that fun.

Sunday we took care of stuff around the house, and I made the family a super deli lunch (fresh baguettes, bacon and roast chicken club sandwiches, kettle chips). We did laundry, I did more re-design work, and then Sunday night I went out to see Inception for the first time (finally). I really enjoyed it, and it gave me some ideas for things to try during my own dream explorations. Did some more on the CHUD redesign as well. They are really not set to get it done any sooner than a few weeks from now, I've done all of the technical wizardry that I can, but they are being held up by the lack of a dedicated designer as well as by the company that is monetizing the boards. They promised being able to make an integrated login that will allow you to log in to make comments on articles as well as get into the message boards. So far, seems a little like vapourware. I could do it, but that kind of integration will be time-consuming. Lots of research involved.

BEN, congrats on finding something real and positive!

JAKE, it was your first time, but it sounds like you did a great job buddy! Don't beat up on yourself, and poop in front of your roommate!
          Last edited by Mike; 09-27-2010, 08:20 AM.
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Well, then start the bonfire because I'm a flamer.

It was actually at an apartment with a bunch of people trying to work in the television industry. I was the outlier with my slice of life podcast, trying to be witty and some how used the phrase "Ass Banging" loudly when talking about "I Love You Philip Morris".

I hung around for a few hours then found the opportunity to leave to get groceries.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• hahaha I just imagine all the conversations around you going silent right before you enthusiastically yell something about ass-banging
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Well, there was "What was that?" interjection by another member of the get together. We then talked about the nature of Detroit and the strange concept of having to make a right turn to go left, what's known as a "Michigan Left".

Comment

• I kind of want to be a fly on the wall during Ed's get togethers.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Then get your ass out here to CALI, good sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Well, then start the bonfire because I'm a flamer.
                      Roastin' marshmallows over your ass, boy!
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Yesterday was fucking perfect. Beer and sushimi for lunch, Winter's Bone (very good - John Hawkes and Garret Dillahunt are two of my favourite character actors these days, so having them both support the wonderful Jennifer Lawrence was awesome) then onto a local bar for German beer, live music and Scrabble.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what happened when we got back to mine (and again this morning) but I'm finding it hard to not think about this girl. Some people, in the words of Julie Delpy, just "fit" together. That's us.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• savor these moments, Ben. SAVOR THEM.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yaaay, Ben! See, and if you'd gone back to your totally lame ex, you'd have never had the wonderful times you're having now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              savor these moments, Ben. SAVOR THEM.
                              I intend to. For me, this is the best part of a relationship. But maybe that's because mine don't tend to last too long.

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                              Yaaay, Ben! See, and if you'd gone back to your totally lame ex, you'd have never had the wonderful times you're having now!
                              True stuff. Something I noticed last night that can't really be said of any of my exes - she genuinely makes me laugh. Like, she's witty, you know? Tomorrow night we're having "Games and Game" evening - playing some game I've never heard of (sounds like a cross between Risk and Sim City) and eating game, prepared by her flatmate. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                                I killed, but I was too nervous and blew past a handful of good punchlines. Shits.
                                Fuckin' awesome.

Is it weird that most of the day I was thinking "I need to check the boards tonight to see how Jake did with his set"? I think it might be a little weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X