No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly just hate shopping unless it's for electronics. OR booze.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
      You should be surprised. Because it means I'm a loose figure.
      Kind of like how those old Mego figures got all loose and wobbly at the joints when you played with them too much...

STILL does not surprise me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
        False Matt. When's it something that men are interested in? Men can shop forever. I honestly have to be focused and have a list when I go into Home Depot or Lowe's. Otherwise I will leave with way too many new fucking house projects.
        But there's still a REASON why you decided to enter the store. You went in there to buy something. If you explore for a bit, that's OK...you'll still buy what you went in there for.

Women? They'll actually enter stores without any intention of buying anything.

OOOOOOOO, let me look in here! I want to see what new perfumes they have!
        Are you going to buy any?
        No, don't be silly! I have plenty.
        Then...why do you care if there are any new perfumes?
        Why not? Don't you want to be with me? Don't you LOVE ME???
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          But there's still a REASON why you decided to enter the store. You went in there to buy something. If you explore for a bit, that's OK...you'll still buy what you went in there for.

Women? They'll actually enter stores without any intention of buying anything.

OOOOOOOO, let me look in here! I want to see what new perfumes they have!
          Are you going to buy any?
          No, don't be silly! I have plenty.
          Then...why do you care if there are any new perfumes?
          Why not? Don't you want to be with me? Don't you LOVE ME???
          I do that for electronics and games and movies. I'm a lookie-loo.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I do that for electronics and games and movies. I have lady parts.
            Too easy?
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'm usually fine with shopping as long as I'm getting something out of the deal (food, sex, an item from said store), but if I end up being dragged along on an excursion I seem to immediately fixate on all the terrible stuff going on and the crowds and god everyone is acting like cattle oh jesus christ there's a huge line and I'm going to die if I don't get fresh air can you catch agoraphobia

Granted, I've gotten a lot better at getting out of my head in situations like that, and reading the David Foster Wallace commencement address at Kenyon College every few months sorta sets my shit back on "DON'T BE A SELFISH IDIOT", but yeah it's still a nightmare sometimes.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

I do that for electronics and games and movies. I'm a lookie-loo.

Same here.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                  Too easy?

Comment

• Also, I don't mind shopping with a gal as long as the shopping scene from The New Guy occurs. OMGIWANTTOMARRYYOUMS.DUSHKU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                      I'm usually fine with shopping as long as I'm getting something out of the deal (food, sex, an item from said store), but if I end up being dragged along on an excursion I seem to immediately fixate on all the terrible stuff going on and the crowds and god everyone is acting like cattle oh jesus christ there's a huge line and I'm going to die if I don't get fresh air can you catch agoraphobia

Granted, I've gotten a lot better at getting out of my head in situations like that, and reading the David Foster Wallace commencement address at Kenyon College every few months sorta sets my shit back on "DON'T BE A SELFISH IDIOT", but yeah it's still a nightmare sometimes.
                      My main issue? The fucking BABY STEPS that everyone takes while walking through malls. Fucking WALK, people. MOVE! Stop with the little BABY STEPS already. Focus on forward movement or get the hell out of my way.

RAGE.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

My main issue? The fucking BABY STEPS that everyone takes while walking through malls. Fucking WALK, people. MOVE! Stop with the little BABY STEPS already. Focus on forward movement or get the hell out of my way.

RAGE.
                        Concur'd. And I would like to add the morons who fucking stop out of nowhere in front of me.

It's pedestrians like that who frighten me when they're behind the wheel.
                        Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 04-13-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

RAGE.
                          Oh god, this is me. I walk kinda fast anyway and with a sense of purpose, which A) tends to scare the shit out of people, and 2) makes me look like a total asshole when I'm kinda barging through crowds. Still can't stand it, though.

And the "stopping in front of people" thing is unbearable too. god i'm going to have a heart attack one of these days in public
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                            Also, Sephora sort of terrifies me. It's like a sensory immersion - all the smells and the women and the fluorescent lighting just makes my brain go "GGGUUUHHHH" and I have to step out before having a Vietnam flashback even though I was never in Vietnam fuck
                            Well, to be fair, as much as I love malls (just one of the many things that's inbred about being from NJ), I know that guys don't, so I only drag George into them if there's something specific I need there - and more often than not, I'll shop on my own during the week so we don't have to mall it. But with my class schedule, I got really behind in my free time, so we went. But he also knows that I won't drag him around from store to store - I'll do that on my own time. This was a "gotta get Kerrin's birthday present, I promise I'll be out of Sephora in five minutes" deal. It's just that he spent those five minutes rambling around with this "What the hell is that?" look on his face.
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Had a blast! Went to a play in Hollywood Friday night, a concert in Silverlake last night and then trekked to Echo Park to hang with the lead singer at his place, then to Venice today to dick around, eat Mexican food and kettle corn, and then hung out and watched the cops fuck with people in the drum circle while I took pictures.

~

Comment

• You've got a really great eye for photography Jake. Your pictures almost make me miss California!

I think I might be the most feminine guy out of the bunch of you. I LOVE shopping. Doesn't even matter what it's for, I will go anywhere and look at anything. My favourite places are still thrift stores/Sally Ann, as treasure hunting is exciting! Ditto yard sales! Sephora is freaking awesome too... We got one in Winnipeg 2 years ago and it is in our regular shopping rotation now. Having daughters is fun!!
                                <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Working...
                                X