ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
    And I actually have a guy friend I got to read the books and he liked them and we discuss. (Then we paint each others toes )
    YOU PAINT VIN'S TOES?????????
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
      YOU PAINT VIN'S TOES?????????
      Jeez... it's only clear coat!

Comment

• Yeah it's not gay if you can't see it
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Note to self. Jake wears clear nail polish.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• only when I want to feel pretty
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
              only when I want to feel pretty
              Fag.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also, it's not gay if you paint it black. It just means you're goth.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Sorry, but Goth=gay...

Comment

• Hahaha. Rob used to be gay. Still is but used to be too.
                    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                      Jeez... it's only clear coat!
                      Hey, if anyone deserves the right to wear a clear coat. It's Vin. Shit only he and Joe Namatah could get away with wearing a fur coat.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                        So I have to fess up Lisa- in case you want to ban me from the girl club. I read the first two books and liked them very much. **I can take the shots people- go ahead** I read all kinds of stuff-high brow-low brow-even comics to my boys. I watched the first movie and was bored but I did like the 2nd much better. And I even have "eclipse" on my shelf. And I actually have a guy friend I got to read the books and he liked them and we discuss. (Then we paint each others toes )
                        I can forgive you... just this once!

And I agree with Jake - I think the worst thing about these books/movies is the message they send to young girls. An adult woman has more common sense than to see them as anything but fiction, so it's not as bad.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                          And I agree with Jake - I think the worst thing about these books/movies is the message they send to young girls. An adult woman has more common sense than to see them as anything but fiction, so it's not as bad.
                          That. There's nothing wrong with reading them and enjoying them, but once you start internalizing the sexual politics behind what goes on between Bella/Edward/Jacob/Frankenstein and sort of shifting to that extreme fantasy/wish-fulfillment realm, it's time to head for the classical fiction section of your library.

But, unfortunately, there are also quite a few adult women who are easily sucked in to the fantasy here, so I wouldn't tag it as a specifically young/teen girl thing. That being said, the books seem expressly anti-feminist and borderline abuse apologia fodder, which is why I kinda blanch whenever someone talks about seriously being into Meyers' books to the point that they can't look at the whole series with an uncritical eye.

~

Comment

• Then I won't tell you that I wear pantyhose when I'm riding horses for more than 3 hours...

Comment

• That's just common sense. You need to learn the chafing lesson only once.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                                I can forgive you... just this once!
                                Your still my Romy or my Michelle. I'm not sure which of us is which. Now you need to go watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X