No announcement yet.

No More Bayonets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youthful exuberance and confidence are good to have, but they are no match for experience.

But because you're a friend, I promise I will end you quickly and with little pain.

Comment

8:06

Comment

Originally posted by Fej View Post
        That's the one scene.. the one scene... that creeps me out the most in the whole flick. Just harrowing and stays with ya long after the film ends. Good call, Fej!

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
          Ed...

Everything that is issued to you has a use, and yes... my comrades and I used bayonets on occasion.

When all else fails, it's nice to have an eight inch blade on a 26 inch long rifle.

Now you have a sharp spear with a 32 inch reach... combine that with the normal 72-74 inch fighting reach the average man has, and you can kill anyone inside of 8 feet.

I like that math...
          Reactionary gap!

Comment

HIGH FIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
              Bayonets, while excellent when fixed to a rifle, are not the best choice for a knife fight.
              I'm curious: why is that?
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                I'm curious: why is that?

Bayonets are mostly designed to stab, not cut. You can't really cut anything with a tool not designed to hold an edge.

Comment

Mmmmm, stabby
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

To quote a certain Springfield crime lord "I don't get mad. I get stabby."

Comment

There was also the stab bot in Futurama.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                      X