No announcement yet.

Best Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Have you ever watched his original HBO specials? Shit was fucking amazing. And the fact that he could tailor it into a subversive show for kids is a testament to how great of a comedic actor Paul Reubens is.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Jambi all you want Rob. We know you're the gay Larry cowboy.

Comment

• Haha, only during the Western theme. LARRY FISHBURN FOR THE WINZ
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Have you ever watched his original HBO specials? Shit was fucking amazing. And the fact that he could tailor it into a subversive show for kids is a testament to how great of a comedic actor Paul Reubens is.
            No, I never saw them. All that I know is that I couldn't make it through 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure'...couldn't do it. I think I made it 20 minutes into the film before I had to turn it off to avoid killing all of humanity.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              No, I never saw them. All that I know is that I couldn't make it through 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure'...couldn't do it. I think I made it 20 minutes into the film before I had to turn it off to avoid killing all of humanity.
              Well, first of all, you're just a bad person.

( )

But second of all, the movie aside - you have to see the show! The show is amazing!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Hey, more power to you guys. Honestly, I'm not giving you shit for finding him OR the show funny. Comedy works or doesn't work based upon the individual...Pee Wee works for you and doesn't work for me. I'm happy for you and wish you nothing but laughs and enjoyment in the world of Pee Wee Herman...I will respectfully decline.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The HBO and TV shows were great, probably better than the movies. Plus, the HBO show has Phil Hartman as Capt. Carl, and Tito Larriva (Tito & Tarantula, and damn near every film everything Robert Rodriguez made) as Hammy!

Matt, I feel the same about AliG/Borat/Bruno/etc. Never got into it, highly doubt I ever will; his shit annoys me more than makes me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    Matt, I feel the same about AliG/Borat/Bruno/etc. Never got into it, highly doubt I ever will; his shit annoys me more than makes me laugh.
                    Can't stand him either. His 'humor' isn't funny to me...it's CREEPY, MEAN SPIRITED, and downright CRUEL to the people around him. Again, different strokes for different folks.

Comment

• Oh, I agree, I can't stand AliG/Borat/Bruno, etc. either. I liked his character in "Talladega Nights", but I realize that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.
                      Last edited by Lisa; 07-01-2010, 10:00 AM.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I dig on Borat/Bruno but only in small doses. It was funnier when no one knew who he was. Bruno worked on the show, but the movie was pretty bad. Borat on the other hand was fucking hilarious in the theater and I love when people get others to lose their shit and show their true colors. Which is what Sasha is great at.

Comment

• Testify, Matt (high five).

As far as UK comedians go (to hell with Sasha Baron Cohen), I'd rather watch Billy Connolly, one of the Pythons, anything with Fry and Laurie, or go old school with some Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, or fire up some Father Ted (FECK!).

As always, fond memories for Benny Hill. Man, his Hill's Angels got me through puberty with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

ETA: I'm realizing it's been far too long since Jen and I hit any comedy clubs. We used to go to Rascals in Eatontown, but that's long gone. Caught Stephen Lynch, Patton Oswalt, John Fox, the Amazing Jonathan, Pablo Francisco, and a few others early in their careers. Gotta find a new club to hit.
                          Last edited by Timothy225; 07-01-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Testify, Matt (high five).

As far as UK comedians go (to hell with Sasha Baron Cohen), I'd rather watch Billy Connolly, one of the Pythons, anything with Fry and Laurie, or go old school with some Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, or fire up some Father Ted (FECK!).

As always, fond memories for Benny Hill. Man, his Hill's Angels got me through puberty with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
                            fucking BRO-FIST all the way, especially on Cook and Moore and the Python gang.

Comment

• Boo-yah!

I would have watched the ever lovin' shit out of James Brolin's Pee Wee's Playhouse.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• fine, I'll play along. I don't even have to change my sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X