Best Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    Happy days! Any excuse for a bit of blatant patriotism.
    Is there any other kind?
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
      Rob, you better love my new one.
      Someday, the right guy will come along where I actually go with this.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
        Is there any other kind?
        Casting a secret vote for a party with views and agendas that turn the stomachs of those you love. A vote that could earn you (if you're lucky) a tongue lashing from your neighbours. Nothing showy about that.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Ed...

Shouldn't you change your thingy to "Federal Bulge Inspector"?

Unless you're ok with spocking out 'moobs™'...

Comment

• That's true Vin, but it worked so much better in the "Ladies" thread.

Comment

• What's this about politics?
              "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
              - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
              http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
              http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Bobby, I got to hand it to Michael Collins. Man got involved in guerilla warefare while wearing a shirt and tie.

At least in the movie anyway.

Comment

• OK, Chris...you win.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Greetings.
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Bobby, I got to hand it to Michael Collins. Man got involved in guerilla warefare while wearing a shirt and tie.

At least in the movie anyway.
                      Back in those days, my countrymen had a wee bit of style. It didn't matter if you were a writer or a sniper, you made the effort.

Looks a bit like our own Ken Branagh there.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• He does actually,

Wonder why he wasn't cast for the role?

-Edit-

I just realized why, it wouldn't look good if a brit played a great Irish hero. No sir.

Comment

• Didn't stop Neeson from doing Rob Roy...
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• From what I know of history, unless someone from the medievel era were still around to object. I doubt anyone would care.

Seeing how, the found of Ireland is a far more touchy subject. It makes more sense.

Comment

• HI! My name is Leslie. Leslie Knope. Pleeeased to meetcha!
                              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                From what I know of history, unless someone from the medievel era were still around to object. I doubt anyone would care.
                                There's a bit of an unspoken understanding that people from Celtic backgrounds can play one another so Neeson playing a Scot wasn't a big deal. English actors playing Irishmen or vice versa are always subject to greater scrutiny, though.

I also forgot to mention how it might have been cool for Branagh to play Collins since he was born in Belfast. Now, granted, he moved over to England soon enough (and this kind of thing always brings in tough issues of identity) but it might have allowed him to reconnect with that part of his history. He's one of those examples of celebs who are subjected to that cultural tug of war. "He's ours!" "No, he's ours!" and so on.
                                Last edited by Bobby Bear; 05-18-2010, 12:24 PM. Reason: Ken Branagh

Comment

Working...
                                X